PDA

View Full Version : Xmas

ukman
24-03-2009, 16:59
Where would you like to spend your Christmas?

stabard
24-03-2009, 17:43
Apart from this last year when xmas and new year where spent in Florida with the whole family, I have always spent my Xmas at home but then fly out to Orlando for New Year. This year will be no different [msncool]

MarkJan
24-03-2009, 17:49
Florida for us. I hate Christmas in the UK as it is cold and wet. As we have no kids, it wouldn't matter where we were at Christmas.

After spending 12 days last Dec into Jan in Key West and Orlando area wearing shorts every day, takes some beating.

andrewmckay5
24-03-2009, 17:57
"Other" as in The Gulf Coast in Florida.

blott
24-03-2009, 18:29
We go to Florida - no cold, wet, grey, dark evenings are later, loads of decorations to see, the weather's much warmer, you can get a sun tan, eat food you couldn't afford in the UK, don't have a traditional UK Christmas meal, and we just LOVE it!

Katys Grandad
24-03-2009, 19:01
Christmas is a time to be with my family wherever that is. All the other stuff like where and what we do is pretty unimportant to me at that time of year.

luckylady
24-03-2009, 19:26
Florida for me everytime the thought of staying in the UK at Christmas time fills me with horror
[msnsmile2]

mfairhurst
24-03-2009, 19:42
Florida for us as it is so expensive to eat out in the UK for the holiday and walking around in shorts takes some beating .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Mo Green
24-03-2009, 19:45
I'm with Andrew in 'Other' as in Florida Gulf Coast.

Mo

Jill
24-03-2009, 20:06
We have spent most of the last 20 years in the UK for Christmas as we had Stuart's mother for Christmas as his brother nearly always seemed to forget to issue an invitation. The 2 years our sons were at university in America and the year we bought our home we were able to spend at our villa and had a great time. Now we do not have any ties we will be spending far more Christmas's in Florida.

Shirley G
24-03-2009, 20:32
I would like to spend Xmas in Florida but would miss the family gathering so it's the UK for me for a while.

sunseeker
24-03-2009, 22:23
UK for us, xmas in the sun without our family and friends just didnt feel right.
The cold weather, country walks, visiting loved ones and traditional christmas dinner
is what makes christmas for us. it takes a lot more than putting up a few decs in a theme
park to make xmas, sorry guys bur Florida at xmas was an anti climax for us.
oh and if i hear HAPPY BL***Y HOLIDAYS one more time i wont be responsible for my actions,AAAAGGGHH

Dave

GrahamC
24-03-2009, 22:42
We are the reverse. We do alternate years here and in Orlando, and the years we are here are a total anti climax compared with Orlando. To me it is more 'christmassy' there than here.

Neil Swift
25-03-2009, 02:15
UK here as well. We did one Christmas in the Canaries and it didn't feel right.

Glutton for punishment but the weather and seeing relatives for the first time that year who come round and eat all your food and drink all your beer then fall asleep is what Christmas is about[msnsmile2]

Ruth
25-03-2009, 02:34
Other for us as we like the Gulf coast at Christmas [8D]

another
25-03-2009, 15:38
i would love to spend Christmas in Orlando - still on the wish list for 'one year'!!

canarypam
25-03-2009, 16:13
FLorida for us definitely have been 8 times for Christmas we have also spent Christmas in St Lucia and Egypt.

Paula D-S
25-03-2009, 17:04
Maybe when my youngest is a little older we'd like to go to Florida for Christmas. Right now though I love being home......it's where my family and friends will be.

SDJ
26-03-2009, 03:02
Christmas in the UK for us. Just love being with our family during the Xmas period and go to Florida just after Xmas for New Year.

Sandra

badabing
29-03-2009, 18:28
Florida for us. We have spent the last 5 years in Florida at Christmas & New year, & would'nt want to be anywhere else.

Maddie
06-04-2009, 00:46
Would love to spend Christmas in Florida but just couldn't leave my twin sister. She has never experienced Florida and has no desire too either....so for now it is UK! [msncry][msncry][msncry]

LiesaAnna
06-04-2009, 01:56
florida for us...... if we had no kids but they all want a piece of us..... would love to win the lottery and take them all out to florida for just 1 family christmas where we were all together, as we have 6 kids and 8 grandkids we can just dream...... still we are taking all our family out to florida next may for a treat!! whoooo hoooooo

domster
07-04-2009, 00:03
Voted for Florida, but as I am a winter man and love the winter sports there is nothing better than snow on Xmas day!

ukman
08-04-2009, 15:58
Dom, how often do we get snow in the uk, its just drabby, dull and dark.

CarolAnn
17-04-2009, 23:29
I look forward to a xmas in Florida, mainly to get away from most of the family..lol[msnwink][msnsmile2]

Peddersgang
03-08-2009, 12:41
Florida for us - we've been for the last 4 years at Christmas and can't wait to go back 11th Dec 2009, my girls love spending Christmas in Orlando, spending Christmas in the UK now seems unthinkable!! [8D]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ukman
Where would you like to spend your Christmas?
[/quote]

ellie
03-08-2009, 13:08
Florida for us, too! Love arriving in Orlando to sunshine having left a cold, wet, and miserable UK behind at Gatwick.[xmas2][msnsmile2][xmas1]

Andrena
28-08-2009, 17:42
We are just about to spend our first Christmas in Florida. Up until now we have had my Mum to consider and then we had our grandson, but our family have all decided that they want to go to Florida this year so we are looking forward to it. The grandchildren will be just over two and 6 months so we are now trying to decide what to do about the presents, obviously large toys are not possible on Christmas Day as they can't get them home - there is always some problem. We have seen the Christmas lights as we usually stay until mmid-December but it will be different to stay over the holiday period. We are looking forward to Hogmanay too, Arthur keeps a kilt in Florida and we are trying to persuade our son and his friend to bring theirs with them. They are all semi-professional singers so we are hoping to have a good Scottish party.

Andrena

MarkJan
28-08-2009, 21:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MarkJan
Florida for us. I hate Christmas in the UK as it is cold and wet. As we have no kids, it wouldn't matter where we were at Christmas.

After spending 12 days last Dec into Jan in Key West and Orlando area wearing shorts every day, takes some beating.
[/quote]Flying to Orlando Christmas Day this year, can't wait.

becbecs
28-08-2009, 22:22
Orlando for Xmas period,

kitch50
06-10-2009, 22:57
UK for us, although I did live in Mauritius for 4 years and it was turkey sandwiches on the beach with tinsel round the beach umbrella[msncool], not the same as a lovely christmas dinner with the family and all the decs up. My sister lives in Australia now and she is home on the 10th December until Boxing Day so it will be lovely to spend Christmas Day with her this year[xmas1]. It also my daughter's birthday on the 24th December and my husband's on the 27th so a lovely time (if not busy and v. expensive) of year for us.[xmas2]

owen3
07-10-2009, 03:06
I would prefer turkey sandwiches on the beach [msncool]
Barbara

Ben Jorell
30-10-2009, 10:40
Did Christmas once in Orlando. Christmas day in the Magic Kingdom (poured with rain for 3 hours)Just didn't feel the same. Also horrendously crowded between Christmas and New Year.Getting ready to depart on 17th Dec also somewhat spoilt our build up to the season. Glad we did it, but UK from now on.
:)

tony2000
10-04-2010, 08:08
We do alternate years and its uk this year
Tony

7165red
11-04-2010, 00:47
We really enjoy spending xmas in Orlando. We love renting a villa and are lucky because the owner decorates the inside and outside of the house. We have spent xmas at the beach and it's alright, like Orlando better.

We really enjoy Orlando at xmas time.