PDA

View Full Version : Baby powder (milk)

PAUL GIZZI
23-03-2009, 23:59
Hi all could anyone tell me if they sell cow and gate baby milk out there,as it would save me taking a lot with me.

gpullan
24-03-2009, 12:33
Hi. We travelled last October with a 4 month old. We took our own milk as the powdered milk in America is different. There is a rough equivalent to UK milk but we were warned not to use this as it is different albeit only slightly. This can cause problems with your babys digestive system so the advice is to take all of your own milk. :(

The ready mixed cartons are available from Boots in the UK airports but having walked around Walgreens chemist on I-192 i did notice that all the milk was different.

Hope this helps [clap]

blott
24-03-2009, 12:42
The US have all their own brands of baby milk.

Sorry but, in order to keep your baby happy, you need to take the brand you're using from the UK. At least it'll make a lot of room in your luggage for you return and you can fit a lot more shopping in. [msnwink]

PAUL GIZZI
24-03-2009, 22:50
looks like ill take mine with me

thanks all

lafifille
25-03-2009, 12:51
Just a suggestion, but can't you call the company which makes the milk you're using in the UK and ask them if they carry it in the US, might be that the name / packaging only is different...

gpullan
25-03-2009, 13:05
That's how i found out that there are slight differences in the milks. We went for 3 weeks so wanted to use US milk if possible. I contacted them direct and they have a comparable milk to our SMA Gold but there is a slight difference in the ingredients....hence not recommended.

berni_richards
25-03-2009, 20:08
NO the correct advice is to take your own milk and they dont seem to sell the ready made cartoons they do here. 1 holiday we did use half our own milk and then some american milk and we ended up with bright yellow stinky poo not good for a long holiday and it took her about 4 or 5 days to get back to normal when we got back home as well.

lafifille
26-03-2009, 15:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by berni_richards
NO the correct advice is to take your own milk and they dont seem to sell the ready made cartoons they do here. 1 holiday we did use half our own milk and then some american milk and we ended up with bright yellow stinky poo not good for a long holiday and it took her about 4 or 5 days to get back to normal when we got back home as well.
[/quote]

I was just [u]suggesting</u> to check if you can't get the same one abroad, as I know for a fact it's possible.
I had to do that once when I travelled with my son as a baby, as I didn't see my luggage for a whole week and I had only one small box in my hand luggage. Granted, that was 13 years ago, but these things only happen if you've got important stuff in your luggage of course. I can't remember the name of the brand we were using, but they gave me the info I needed and he adjusted just fine.
Maybe we were lucky, although he's proved since he's got an iron stomach anyway :D.