PDA

View Full Version : Venetian gondola experience

esprit
08-12-2003, 08:31
After the swans, now we have Venetian gondolas on Lake Eola. Romantic dinner cruises with lobster tail dinner or happy hour cruises with a glass of wine. Chocs and flowers can be ordered for special occasions.
See www.gondeola.com. Only in Orlando!!!
It would be nice on a warm night. Too parky at nights at the moment in my opinion.

KarenScott
14-03-2004, 22:57
I've tried the website connection but can't get on to it. Have you tried it? Karen [:I]

esprit
15-03-2004, 05:30
The web link did work but doesnt seem to now. They are still advertising on the radio here so nothing ominous in that necessarily. I haventg tried it. They are advetising romantic suppers with chanpagne, chocolate dipped strawberries etc on the radio. Not my husbands scene at all ( we have been married for thirty years!!!)

esprit
15-03-2004, 05:45
I have cut and pasted this from the City of Orlando website.

GondEola will provide visitors with evening cruises aboard authentic Venetian-style gondolas rowed by serenading gondoliers on Downtown Orlando’s Lake Eola.

GondEola was created by Jeff Campbell, who saw having gondolas on Lake Eola as a way to add something new to downtown Orlando’s evening offerings and further the reputation of Orlando as a cultural and international city. Over a period of several years, the idea was developed, research was completed and a network of contacts in the gondola industry was built. A multi-year contract was granted by the City of Orlando in May 2003.

Located on the southeast corner of Lake Eola, GondEola will operate from a dock adjacent to the International Promenade (behind Lee’s Lakeside). Nearby parking is available in the garage located at the corner of Central and Osceola. GondEola will offer a variety of evening cruises beginning at 5 p.m. and ending when Lake Eola Park closes at midnight.

Gondoliers have been recruited and trained in the skills needed to row the gondolas in the traditional Venetian manner and have been versed on the history and heritage of gondolas.

GondEola’s boats are custom-built, authentic to the asymmetrical style of true Venetian gondolas. Each boat is 32 feet long and can seat six adults. The first boat of the operation, to be “christened” by Mayor Dyer and Commissioner Sheehan is being named
“La Citta Bellissomo” – the City Beautiful.

Main cruises will last approximately 40 minutes, will cost $45 a couple and include a keepsake photo. Extra riders are $15. Children 12 and under ride free with a paid adult. A variety of dinner cruises, Champagne cruises and special occasion packages, such as proposals and weddings, will also be available.

Cruises outside of normal business hours can be scheduled for events such as weddings, corporate outings and other daytime functions. On-board weddings will also be made available for lovebirds looking to tie the knot in a unique way.
GondEola will be open for business every evening beginning at
5 p.m., weather permitting. For reservation information, call 407-658-4226. For more information, visit www.gondeola.com.

chrizzy100
15-03-2004, 05:47
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by esprit
It did work but doesnt now. They are still advetising on the radio here so nothing ominous in that necessarily. I haventg tried it. They are advetising romantic suppers with chanpagne, chocolate dipped strawberries etc on the radio. Not my husbands scene at all ( we have been married for thirty years!!!)
[/quote]

I love chocolate dipped strawberries....they were $2.50 each in Boston 3 years ago...you can make about 20 for around $5 yourself.......:D