PDA

View Full Version : criminal records

yummymummy
22-03-2009, 19:34
Hi, My Husband has got some records from over 12 years ago which are
* car theft (he was just a passenger )
* theft from a motor vehicle
* and 2 counts of cannabis
all with in 3 months in 1997 with the wrong croud of people, as this is our fist family/honeymoon vacation and did not know about geting a visa he went to belfast us embassy on the 19th march and was told that he had to apply for a visa known as "waiver of ineligibility" as the criminal records stop him from getting a standerd visa, it is sent to homeland security from what we were told? As we are due to go on the 30th april we would like any info on any one how has a simler experences. And time scale as we have 6 weeks from going to the belfast embassy to are holiday fingers crossed. thanks vikki

florida4sun
22-03-2009, 19:36
No experience of this but the embassey is usually very slow and I would be down there on monday to apply.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by yummymummy
Hi, My Husband has got some records from over 12 years ago which are
* car theft (he was just a passenger )
* theft from a motor vehicle
* and 2 counts of cannabis
all with in 3 months in 1997 with the wrong croud of people, as this is our fist family/honeymoon vacation and did not know about geting a visa he went to belfast us embassy on the 19th march and was told that he had to apply for a visa known as "waiver of ineligibility" as the criminal records stop him from getting a standerd visa, it is sent to homeland security from what we were told? As we are due to go on the 30th april we would like any info on any one how has a simler experences. And time scale as we have 6 weeks from going to the belfast embassy to are holiday fingers crossed. thanks vikki
[/quote]

yummymummy
22-03-2009, 19:43
He has been to apply on the 19th and they have to apply for a visa called waiver of ineligiibility due to the records he has. thanks

yummymummy
28-03-2009, 17:01
VISA HAS COME

Clare R
28-03-2009, 17:49
I'm so glad for you all, now you can really start to enjoy the prospect of your holiday starting next month. Do have a great time.

caroline
28-03-2009, 20:34
Thanks for posting the outcome it may help to reassure others in a similar situation.

another
29-03-2009, 14:07
I'm pleased to hear it has worked out for you and the visa has arrived. Hope you have a fantastic holiday.