PDA

View Full Version : Car size advice needed please

Lindyloo
18-03-2009, 18:57
Hi,

This is my first post, so please be gentle with me[8)] I am hoping you very knowledgable people may be able to help me.

We are coming over to Orlando for 3 weeks in July, me, my other half and the 2 monsters.

The issue we have is that we will be bringing an electric wheelchair, along with a set of ramps to allow us to get the chair in and out of the car. In the past we have had a Toyota Sienna, as we were told it was the only car that allowed the back row of seats to fold completely in to the floor, to allow us to put the wheelchair in the back. The down side, on looking around, is that this is classed as 8 seater mini van.

There appears to be a huge jump in cost between the 7 and 8 seater mini vans. My question is, are there cars in any other categories that would have the facility to fold the back row of seats completely down in to the floor? Also, does the choice of cars offered within a catergory vary much from one rental company to another?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

sunseeker
18-03-2009, 22:06
Hi Linda last october i had a dodge grand caravan which is a 7 seater minivan, all the seats folded flat in it, i think it was called a 'stow & go'. Not sure how available they are but i rented it from dollar. hth

Dave

Albert the Frog
18-03-2009, 23:19
Hi-flip an e mail to the car hire link on this site-the guys there will give you some pointers i'm sure

Lindyloo
19-03-2009, 17:13
Thanks for the reply's.

I did see from doing some searching that the dodge looked like it would be ok.

I have followed your advise and e-mailed the uscarhire team from the link to see if they can help.

Linda