PDA

View Full Version : Relocating to Fort Myers

Ame
13-03-2009, 19:30
We need advice on Ft Myers...have been there before and will be going for a month in August to relocate our daughter to college. Question is, would like to stay on the beach but having trouble finding reasonable (ie - low cost) housing. Any ideas? Eventually looking to be snowbirds - definately love the area!

florida4sun
13-03-2009, 19:35
'Low cost' depends on what you call low cost. owners have to cover mortgage, utilities, tax, wear and tear etc etc. So if you take that into account it should give you an idea of what rental will be.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ame
We need advice on Ft Myers...have been there before and will be going for a month in August to relocate our daughter to college. Question is, would like to stay on the beach but having trouble finding reasonable (ie - low cost) housing. Any ideas? Eventually looking to be snowbirds - definately love the area!
[/quote]

Ame
13-03-2009, 19:54
I'm not looking for cheap cheap, but meant not looking to spend 10,000 for a month type spending.

florida4sun
13-03-2009, 19:57
Put an enquiry out on the 3 sites here and you should find something to suit. Although August may be booked up by now.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ame
I'm not looking for cheap cheap, but meant not looking to spend 10,000 for a month type spending.
[/quote]

Katys Grandad
13-03-2009, 20:44
'Low cost' & 'on the beach' are more or less mutually exclusive.

I'm pretty certain that you won't find a true beachfront property on this site but if you are happy to be a a short distance from the beach, the prices become much more reasonable.

vanessag
15-03-2009, 05:45
Ame have pmd you