PDA

View Full Version : Weather Late July Early August

NigelM
11-02-2009, 19:43
Now I know that the previous thread asked about weather conditions in August but knowing Florida I guess even three weeks earlier the conditions might be different..so what can we expect in terms of :

1. Rain

2. Humidity esepcially in the evenings

3. Storms/Hurricanes

4. Bugs (Mozzies etc0 and

5 Snakes

Thanks

NigelM
11-02-2009, 19:45
Oops just realised I posted a similar thread already...

[:o)]

[msnembarrased]

Still I have asked some more questions so perhaps I will be forgiven and the thread can run..

:D

Katys Grandad
11-02-2009, 20:16
When you say 'Florida' do you mean Orlando because the answers to some of your questions will be different for parts of Florida as a whole.

For example, I wouldn't expect to see that many (or even any) snakes on the villa communities in the Disney area but you wouldn't have to go far in certain parts of the state to see several.

chrizzy100
11-02-2009, 20:41
We have snakes in our garden...mostly harmless...they moved out when there was a lot of building going on...then slowly move back in..you have to look hard to see them...I find them because I'm doing the garden...so my first tip is don't do any gardening....:D:D

I find it more humid in the early mornings that time of year...you can still get storms..it still rains in the afternoons..but I've not been bite that time of year by a mozzie..

Robert5988
12-02-2009, 02:03
1. Usually short duration heavy rain in the afternoon - often with thunder and lightning,

2. Very humid. Typical sub-tropical climate

3. It is hurricane season from May to Nov. However it is a rare occurance for there to be severe tropical storms of the type that cause damage in Central Florida. You get days of warning if anything serious is going to happen. Not really a problem anyone should worry about!

4. Plenty of bugs about in the evening - especially near water. Sprays etc are effective. Orlando less of a problem than more rural locations

5. See above!

Susan J
12-02-2009, 03:47
I go every year at this time and have done so for at least 20 years.

Long days , rain for a few minutes in the afternoon relieves the humidity, and is very pleasant

You will get Mozzies in the evening, but if you put on some Avon Skin so soft they don't bother you! Not a problem there like it would be in the UK.

Snakes -not usually anywhere where there is a lot of human traffic-they tend to avoid developed areas if they can.

Evenings are warm and balmy -you can swim in the pool and not shiver when you get out, sit outside all evening and go in to cool off :)