PDA

View Full Version : Budget prices?

Barnsley Fan
01-02-2009, 00:03
Hi to all.
Advice please regarding car hire price range for same car type.Going to Florida for first time holiday in September and wandering why such a price difference between eg.Alamo£463 and Budget£398 on a same type car with Gold.Should i be aware of any hidden charges by Budget or is it a case of company price competition?

Many thanks...Mick

sundowner
01-02-2009, 02:11
I believe it may simply be competition. We use this site for every trip we make (3-4 times a year) and Budget always comes out best for prices. There is only 1 or 2 drivers so we take the silver option.

Always had good service from them and the cars we have had are all very low mileage.

Barnsley Fan
01-02-2009, 02:20
Thanks for reply sundowner,still comparing options and now looking at Silver as only myself and the wife will be driving...well probably me mostly..

erowlands
01-02-2009, 11:48
We are going with budget for the first time in October having always used alamo or dollar but as you say the rates now are a lot different.We have seen Budget at the airport many times and they seem no different to the other two.
Eric

another
01-02-2009, 13:26
We went with Budget last year. We had a lovely car, exactly what we ordered, absolutely no complaints about it at all. We have always previously used Dollar in Florida and we, personally, didn't see any difference.

chris c
01-02-2009, 13:59
We have always previously used Dollar, but have just returned from Florida having used Budget for the first time.
Absolutely no complaints. The car was fine, fairly new and very low mileage. Collection and return were both very quick.
Would have no hesitation in using them again.

jaff
26-02-2009, 16:41
Hi we have used dollar everytime and had some issues as first time the van had smashed windscreen. got it changed no problem and only other thing was the area code for it was wrong so done some hunting for it. if you take gold option full tank of fuel and extra drivers no hidden costs so when you arrive give the print off if you book here and they give you your keys easy as that..great service.[msncool]

Katys Grandad
26-02-2009, 21:20
All the rental companies referred to here are multi-national outfits renting thousands of cars all over the world. There isn't any really significant difference in service and quality so I'd go with the cheapest option.

Bear in mind that the Gold option might not offer the best value if you don't have more than 2 drivers. These days, the price differential between Gold and Silver is almost always much more than the cost of a tank of gas. Compare the 2 before going ahead. I used to go with Gold every time but Silver is now much better value due to the steep fall in gas prices.

lafifille
27-02-2009, 00:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
All the rental companies referred to here are multi-national outfits renting thousands of cars all over the world. There isn't any really significant difference in service and quality so I'd go with the cheapest option.

Bear in mind that the Gold option might not offer the best value if you don't have more than 2 drivers. These days, the price differential between Gold and Silver is almost always much more than the cost of a tank of gas. Compare the 2 before going ahead. I used to go with Gold every time but Silver is now much better value due to the steep fall in gas prices.
[/quote]

Absolutely. I've rented in the past from most major companies and none stood out either in a good or a bad way, go for the cheapest.

Here we chose Budget because it was the cheapest PLUS with their Silver option you bring back the car with a full tank, which actually puts my mind at rest:
- moneywise, as you can fill up the tank at a reasonable rate just before going back to the airport.
- and on a most personal note, when the rental company charges you with a full tank, my husband insists on driving back to the airport running on fumes, it does make me nervous [msnscared].

Helena Jane
07-03-2009, 16:22
Hi, we have booked a 7 seat minivan with budget, it says a Ford freestar or similar, has anyone had one of these cars? I am worried it may be a bit like a Zafira and when the back seats are out, there is very little room for luggage?? Any advice would be most appreciated. In the past we have rented from Dollar and had a large 7 seat car...chrysler voyager. But the price was so much better with Budget this time!
Thanks
Helena