PDA

View Full Version : Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

MMFAN
02-04-2002, 06:28
This is a great ride if you like indoor coasters. It features music from Aerosmith, an accelerated start, and plenty of twists and turns. The biggest disappointment is that it's a short ride. Get a fast-pass and save a long wait.

roger
03-04-2002, 02:24
It's one of my favourite rides. The 'launch' is awesome.

Best time to get on (as well as the Tower of Terror) is when Fantasmic is showing - no queues at all!

Roger

tinkerbell
03-04-2002, 04:04
Definitely go on this while fantasmic is about to start! Kills the wait time!

The best art of this ride (except the lauch of course!) is the unbelieveable amount of detail that has gone into the themeing! From the pre-show where you astucally feel as though you're in the recording studio with the band, to the design of the coaster cars, it all combines to blow your mind!!! The loud music really adds to the effect!

Another good way to get on quick is if there are a couple of you and the queue is quite big, hang around the beginning of the queue without actually going in, quite often people will offer you unused fastpasses! This is the same for all fastpass rides!!!

paula
29-04-2002, 18:08
One of the Cast members, told us if you think space mountain is bad, sit in the middle, if space mountain is your limit sit at the front if you think space mountain is ok but what more thrill sit at the back . regards paula

caroline
13-09-2002, 02:16
Our family favourite! The take-off is unbelievable - remember to smile!

Caroline

imported_n/a
15-03-2003, 00:06
the take off is really great as you go at a fast speed...

mikewj
21-03-2003, 20:58
Never understood the "sit at the back" bit on these rides. Admittedly if you're freewheeling you'll get a faster, whip around the corners but as you're on a fixed track it can't make any difference (or at least it doesn't for me).

I always sit at the front (just ask the assistants and they usually let you).

But wherever you are, its still a class ride.

trevorsem
07-04-2003, 18:00
quote:Originally posted by MMFAN

This is a great ride if you like indoor coasters. It features music from Aerosmith, an accelerated start, and plenty of twists and turns. The biggest disappointment is that it's a short ride. Get a fast-pass and save a long wait.

caroline
17-11-2003, 22:46
We've just got back from Florida and as there were no queues (lines):) we did the front seat and then immediately went back on and did the back seat - there was a very definite difference, don't understand the techie reasons why but the front is very tame compared to the back.

Amirah
18-11-2003, 04:03
All I have to say about this ride is...sweeeeeeet! We rode it about 5 times in a row! We went to MGM on a Wednesday and Thursday between 10am and 2pm in May and didn't find any lines either. Loved it! Shhhhhh...don't tell anyone I said this....IT'S BETTER THAN SPACE MOUNTAIN!!!!! LOL

Oliver
16-03-2004, 17:54
Hi,
Thought you might like to see what the ride really looks like
as it' in enclosed.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Oliver/200431613525_vekomasuper.JPG

Hope I havent put you off :D:D

Lesley S
16-03-2004, 18:21
Wow, when did you take this.

Went on it twice this time around, and thought it was good. Our daughter was tall enough this time and she enjoyed it. I had to ride it....and I don't do roller coasters. Would definitely do it again and again....

Thanks for the picture.

Ana
16-03-2004, 18:34
Fab picture Oliver. I can show this to my friend who "doesn't do" roller coasters - but loves rock n roller. Maybe when he sees what he's actually done - he'll try some others!

Oliver
16-03-2004, 18:34
The Photo is of Superman the Ride at Six Flags Holland,

It's Identical to Rock N Roller Coaster but without the
enclosed theming or music

I havent been on Rock n Roller yet so I am looking foward
to it as the Superman version was really good

:D

Ana
16-03-2004, 18:59
I'm sure you'll love it!

Does Superman start in the same high speed way?

Oliver
16-03-2004, 19:28
Sure Does :D

Felt very quick to me maybe because it was open air

Cant wait! coming on the 13th of may for 2 weeks first
time :)

planning to ride as many coasters as poss [:p]

Ana
16-03-2004, 19:33
I love Coasters. One of my Faves is the Duelling Dragons at IOA. I did Fire first and then did the cut through to Ice. Ice seemed more scary, maybe because I was still giddy from Fire! You'll have to let me know what you think!

Joolz
16-03-2004, 21:41
Your joking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I never went on that did I ????????????????????
I dont do the roller coasters ........
I did the squirrel ride at Alton Towers once under duress!!! We got stuck half way thro - so they gave us 2 free rides... without stopping - I didn't like that very much ...
AS posted elswhere I went on the rock n roller coaster with one of my kids a few years back cus they said i wasnt much fun and so dared me .. 5 of the group of us who were queing dropped out when they saw the thing start.... I stuck with it and heard someone screaming all the way round - then realised it was me..... Were there special effects???? I only remember it being dark with a few passing lights.... it took ages before I could walk straight and breathe normally afterwards [msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
I will have to print this picture off and put it on my wall [msnsmile2]
It has to be one for my lifetime achievement album!!!![msncool]You ve made my day Thanks

Oliver
16-03-2004, 22:37
Joolz,
Glad you liked the pic, I plan to drag my two sisters on this
but I wont be showing them this photo [}:)][}:)][}:)]

Just to let you know you went upside down 3 times and
were subjected to 5G's (The bit that can make some sick)
thats more than the Hulk ride at IOA.

:D:D:D:D

Joolz
16-03-2004, 23:53
wow !!
Ive gone up in my own estimation!!
[msncool]

Joolz
17-03-2004, 00:01
So as a member of the rollercoaster club of GB - you can probably answer this.....how does this one rock n rollercoaster compare to the big one in blackpool??
Got to get the comparison in for the family.

Oliver
17-03-2004, 00:26
Bit of hard one to compare, because they are diffrent in the type
of rides they are,

To be honest I have allways thought the Big one was abit of a let
down, the first drop is intense but the rest is just there to make
the ride last abit longer and to make the thing look good

But with Rock N Rollercoaster or Superman its a full on rush till the end
and the 0-60mph in 2.5secs is cool is [8D]

Oliver.

brizzle
17-03-2004, 11:45
If you get a chance try Kraken at Seaworld. My favourite at the moment (but I haven't done IOA or Busch yet). Fantastic coaster in my opinion. One hell of a rush...

Brizzle

Joolz
17-03-2004, 13:07
Now youve got me thinking- My entire family thought it was a hilarious proposition that "I" should want to go to Disney world - given the way I love rollerscoasters ....not![xx(]

We will be taking our 4th trip in Dec... [hopefully] Given the fact that I dont like them particularly ... and only went on rockn roller coaster for a dare....you will understand that I havnt ever been on another fast ride- at WDW [or anywhere else for that matter] Definition of fast : anything of above monorail level.....[msnwink]

So when I saw your photo of R N Roller Cosater- I thought well if I did THAT one i could probably manage some milder one inone of the parks- so which one should I try??

Oh I did go on a ride at Seaworld ... I cant even remeber what it was called but I dont think youd call it a rollercoaster.

[msnembarrased]so can you educate me on the slower rides that I might be able to manage...and show them that their mum is not a total scaredy cat!!![msnembarrased]

Nostromo
17-03-2004, 13:54
In a straight head to head, Kraken certainly beats Hulk in my opinion. Kraken's gradual rise to the top just before the big drop builds up the adrenalin nicely, but Hulk's sudden rush out of the tunnel does it too quickly and at the wrong pace. Also, Kraken has more scary twists and loops and also more close encounters when it dives 'underground'. But most of all, the eerie quietness of the Kraken (apart from the screaming!) gives it a certain special 'feel' which the Hulk lacks.

caroline
17-03-2004, 14:41
Joolz if you've done Rock n Rollercoaster - you'll be fine with Space mountain, thunder mountain and splash mountain (I know it's not a coaster but..) also terror towers basically anything at Disney - Islands of Adventure - well that's another story[:0]

Ana
17-03-2004, 15:13
Joolz

Did you try Atlantis at Seaworld? It's more a water chute ride with a little coaster bit at the bottom?

Oliver
17-03-2004, 15:41
Joolz: Like caroline said you will be fine with all the Disney rides there all
fun but not too Extreme :)

Then here is my prescription as you get brave
1. Gwazi (Bush Gardens)
2. Cheetah Chase (Bush Gardens)
3. Python (Bush Gardens)
4. Scorpion (Bush Gardens)
5. Montu (Bush Gardens)
6. Duelling Dragons (IOA)
7. Kuma (Bush Gardens)
8. The Hulk (IOA)
9. Kraken (Seaworld)

Start at 1. and when you get to 9 enjoy the view below
:D

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Oliver/2004317113939_kraken.JPG

No pressure :D

caroline
17-03-2004, 17:08
[xx(] Oliver - Now I KNOW I was right to back out of the Kracken;)

Joolz
17-03-2004, 18:31
Oh thanks for that pictoral representation there.....[xx(]
That just reminds me why i dont like them.... [xx(]
Thanks for all your suggestions....I might just try something out....
yes it was the Atlantis ride... hee hee [msnsmile2]

bridget
02-05-2004, 19:05
Wow - the picture of Kraken is great although I haven't tried that one yet. Weird but as I'm getting older I'm much more scared than I was a few years ago. When I first went to Florida at 23 I'd go on them all but not now! My husband says I'm going on the lot in July - no excuses! (Dr Doom's Tower of Fear? Err, I don't think so!!) [msnoo]

Ray&Sarah
02-05-2004, 23:58
The pics really are great, I have done both Spiderman at 6 flags, and Rock 'n' Roller at Disney MGM. Did not realise they were the same coaster. This year we are going to Baltimore, and plan to do the six flags park there. Anyone been, like to make any recommendations? :D

RubAyr
03-05-2004, 19:03
The pic of Kraken is superb, although it actually look worse than it is!
I've been on most of the coaster in Orlando now but my favourite is still Hulk!

Went on Grand National at Blackpool years ago and that totally put me off coasters,
I hated it so much and for that reason I won't go near Gwazi or any coasters that
don't have the support that goes over your head to keep you in !!

janny
03-05-2004, 20:01
Dr doom is a right let down you only go up and down twice and the drop is not that fast not a patch on ToT

Ray&Sarah
07-05-2004, 02:28
Dr doom is a ride for the weak hearted once you have done apocolypse at drayton manor in the UK. You stand up with a bike saddle between your legs and they take the floor beneath you away. Then they drag you up 160 ft and drop you through what looks like an impossible hole to fit through. Now that is scary. Then theres nemesis at alton towers, like a roller coaster except they hang you over a drop for 5 seconds and tell you to not look down. You do look down though because your neck cannot move anywhere but down. Thats a scary ride!:D[msnoo]

amy
07-05-2004, 12:22
alking of good roller coaster, when we where there in March this year they where building a new one in AK in Asia, based on Mount Everest, It looed very big and fast, they where starting it enclose it inside a mountain when we where there, its not open for another year yet.

mikewj
07-05-2004, 16:33
Hayter, the ride in Alton Towers that warns you to not look down is called Oblivion. If you have no fear of heights, its a bit of a letdown.

Nemesis is the coaster where you hang from above.

chrizzy100
07-05-2004, 17:50
I hope they just don't keep adding rollercoasters rides to the parks.......or more and more rides you can't do with your whole family when they are over say 10 years......my kids and hubby will not go on any water drop rides with me....and I can't go on a coaster because of my ears.....so each time we go we can use fewer rides.......Spiderman and Man in Black are great rides for everyone.....I hope they add more of those.....I'm hoping to try the Mummy....I can go on a coaster if it does not go upside down......

cookmml
06-06-2004, 12:52
Just got back from florida and I still can't believe some of the rides i went on. Usually I am ok as long as something does not go upside down. The thing is with this rock n rollercoaster you can't see it before so I didn't know!! Untill someeone told me in the queue and it was too late then!! I had my eyes closed the whole tome, I'm not sure if I enjoyed it but I survived, It didn't help that i was in the back as I now see that apparently it's worse! I also tried tower of terror, also because you can't see it before you go on, it was diifferent!! Oh well I think I am getting braver as I get older, or is it more stupid!!

Looking at that picture of Kraken though, I would never attempt that.

Angel_Eyes
16-09-2004, 00:24
i really enjoyed rock n roller coaster , it was great , but is it really like that ?[?]

linda.s
16-09-2004, 01:00
Oh the Kraken pic - Thanks!!! memories! I LOVE that ride!!!

Oliver
05-03-2005, 15:30
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Angel_Eyes
i really enjoyed rock n roller coaster , it was great , but is it really like that ?[?]
[/quote]

A year late with the reply Angel Eyes,

But yes it's exactly like the picture above
it a standard off the shelf design

Oliver

bridget
09-08-2005, 17:43
Can someone tell me which Aerosmith songs are blasted out as we're being thrown around..? Cheers.