PDA

View Full Version : weather

chewhand
25-01-2009, 20:52
hi everyone, still looking at villas , can anyone tell me what the weather is like at the end of august as i believe this is a rainy month as well as hot

thanks chewhand

mfairhurst
25-01-2009, 21:18
It is a busy month as school holidays and the parks are busy ,Summer is the rainy season but it does not rain all day like in UK sometimes it rains at 4.00pm for 1 hour and freshens up also cools the air down as can be humid .So drink plenty of water .
All months in Florida are good even winter .
Hope this helps
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

FraserLynn
25-01-2009, 22:05
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mfairhurst
It is a busy month as school holidays and the parks are busy ,Summer is the rainy season but it does not rain all day like in UK sometimes it rains at 4.00pm for 1 hour and freshens up also cools the air down as can be humid .So drink plenty of water .
All months in Florida are good even winter .
Hope this helps
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx
[/quote]

In my view, especially winter[msnsmile2]

chrizzy100
26-01-2009, 02:26
I don't mind the end of Aug that much...my daughter does not like the dragonflies in Sept...lol

dawn
26-01-2009, 03:33
We always go in August. Everyone is different, but we don't find it too hot as most places are air conditioned anyway. You do get rain, but not every day, and then it tends to be a spectacular thunderstorm, usually for an hour or so in the afternoon - they are fantastic to watch (from inside!, and are very refreshing.

Many of the local schools go back in the middle of August, so the parks are quieter as well.

chrizzy100
26-01-2009, 19:52
I live in 95 degree heat a lot of the time ..and I still find FL hot to walk in..mostly because its so humid..Ok if you plan to spent all you time indoors in the AC maybe...so make sure you can deal with the humid more than then heat...

Robert5988
26-01-2009, 23:18
If the OP asks about the weather in August, I assume that they haven't been before at that time of year.

Well, as said above, the rain is not a big problem as it usually is very heavy, but for a short period; and if you do get wet so what? you dry quickly! The thunderstorms can be violent and often close the rides in the attractions for a short while.

The heat though is something else! Unless you have experienced temperature in the 90's(35C ish) with high humidity, you don't realise how uncomfortable it will be outside unless you are by a pool.

MarkJan
27-01-2009, 01:49
I like the humidity! Just keep topped up with fluids and enjoy yourself.

chewhand
27-01-2009, 02:55
thanks guys