PDA

View Full Version : Cirque Du Soleil

tinkerbell
01-04-2002, 03:51
Well, what can I say?!

This is one thing everyone has to see once in their life. I went last August to see La Nouba at Downtown Disney, and it was a real treat for the eyes. Even my boyfriend who cant stand this type of entertainment was captivated.

The tickets are pretty expensive, but if you are looking for a special night out its one of the best!

Virgin do a special thing, if you by your tickets for La Nouba from their welcome meeting, they can get you priorty seating at Planet Hollywood (Next door) straight after the performance. What a night!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
01-04-2002, 04:00
Sounds good.

How is it for young children?

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas

tinkerbell
01-04-2002, 04:18
My 10 year old brother came along and had a great time, he really wnjoyed it. There are no scary parts which is good, but the only problem I could forsee would be if they got bored. It is all very visual, and as such there isnt any talking. There are a pair of clowns that do some entertaining though and they come into th crowd quite frequently!

jewell
02-04-2002, 21:15
As far as I was concerned there wasn't a storyline as such, unless I missed something!! I personally wouldn't take under 8's along, the majority of the show is on the surreal side. I think if I'd taken young children along they may have become fidgety.

Steve and Sandra

esprit
03-04-2002, 00:20
La Nouba is head and shoulders above Quidam, the touring version that which went around the UK about a year ago ( I saw it at the Trafford Centre in Manchester.) When I compared the two, I realised why la Nouba is so much more expensive. It is worth every penny of the extra. I would not take young children, John, as it is not really much like a traditional circus, it is more a spectacle and as someone said, quite surrealistic in places to boot. There is some slapstick, but a lot of it would go right over their heads.

Julie Carty

SunLover
13-04-2003, 04:23
Definitely a MUST SEE show. The artistry is unbelievable. Worth the ticket price. We have seen La Nouba 4 times now, and it just gets better every time. You always spot something new, as there is just so much to take in. Book now !!!

Chris [8D]

bellaepovera
13-04-2003, 14:09
This was the best show i have ever been too. My husband was the same A Circus!! But it is not a regular circus with animals etc.. You cant catch everything that is going on at the same time. I wouldnt hesitate to go again and see it..Your children will love it!! But you do need to make reservations in advance and i know sometimes they have discounts for Florida residence.

mjb
14-08-2003, 14:53
I was so excited about seeing this show - we'll be there in June 2004 for 3 weeks. Would you believe that the show is "dark" for the entire time we are there except our last night but with an early morning flight the following day I'm not sure what to do about it! I'm so upset.

:(