PDA

View Full Version : Electrifying

cannybiz
01-12-2003, 05:35
Hi everyone, Its the 1st of Dec and then we are off on the 30th, for three weeks, boy time has just flown by, can anyone tell me about using our own electrical equipment, as in i.e. kettle, mini music centre etc in the hotel.
Do we have to have a special kind of plug or an adapter for this, Thank you to all who may reply. Kathy

Carla
01-12-2003, 05:42
Did you get your rooms sorted in the end Kathy?

You'll need an adaptor, which you can buy at the airport if you can't find one locally. Don't wait and hope to get one in Florida, as they are few and far between. You'll find that most hotels provide a coffee maker.

steph_goodrum
01-12-2003, 12:38
Kathy
We found that a travel kettle , even thought it was a dual voltage one, took over half an hour to boil so we ended up buying a $10 kettle in Walmart.

cannybiz
01-12-2003, 14:16
Thanx for your advise Steph and Bablinboo. No Steph we did not sort the rooms out yet, I think we will cross that bridge when we come to it.
Bablinboo, you mention about the kettle taking an hour to boil,what about my personal mini disc player, do think I will have problems with that. Thank you Kathy

allyneil
07-12-2003, 00:09
Only thing you need to check is whether they are dual voltage, if they won't take 110v then don't take them with you.

Also beware of buying cheap electronics in the USA, almost nothing will work here, including DVDs (unless you have multiregion at home), Videos.

Have a great holiday

Neil

chrisj
07-12-2003, 01:22
Most DVD players can easily be made to multi region, you just get the cheat codes off the web

wilfy
07-12-2003, 01:50
A lot of the electical shops here in the uk openly sell multi-region dvd players. I picked up a panasonic last year, just over £100 :)