PDA

View Full Version : Poseidons Fury

tinkerbell
01-04-2002, 03:24
Poseidons Fury is a special effect walk through experience. It is probably the most impressive building at IOA and definitely worth a visit.

I think people have been discussing this attraction but calling it Atlantis?? Think this is the thing they meant!

The special effects are well worth a look, and although it may be a little intimidating for some youngsters, there is nothing inside that should stop them form going in.

The final part of the walk through is very impressive, a real eye opener, and greatly under rated!

blott
14-09-2002, 13:07
This is a great attraction and, for once, is not a mind boggling ride! It's absolutely amazing how it works and, despite the 42 feet water vortex, you don't get wet! All very mysterious and worth a visit.

Blott

esprit
14-09-2002, 14:18
They have changed the scenario. When it was first opened it was on an Atlantis theme and featured an English very Shakespearean sounding actor narrating at the beginning. The last time we went, they had changed the plot (and actor.) Hence the confusion, I think. You dont get wet in the vortex but dont stand too near the front at the end if you want to avoid spray.

Julie Carty

fiona
14-09-2002, 15:37
First time we saw this was in the winter, there was hardly anyone there and we got straight in. Thought it was wonderful, I much prefer the special effects that being thrown around all over the place, but good job we don't all like the same!

Next time round, we queued for ages in the summer. At least once your inside the building it's cool. Somehow though it didn't seem as good, although I was able to take in more of what was happening in the background - which is spectacular, and you can easily miss first time round.

However, the edge seemed to have gone off it. Now I know it has changed we shall give it another go next time.

Fiona