PDA

View Full Version : Full Size

Azz1
22-12-2008, 23:32
We have booked with Alamo car hire and it says we have a 'full size' car with extra luggage space.
Could anybody tell me what type of car/van it would be

Thanks

MarkJan
23-12-2008, 01:20
All the car types are shown at http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/CarTypes.aspx

Ian Dee
23-12-2008, 01:37
Aaron
How many are using the car?

Azz1
23-12-2008, 15:03
Ian 2 Adults and 3 teenagers

Aaron

caroline
23-12-2008, 15:34
Personally I would get either a 4x4 or a 7 seater for your party size - a full size will fit 3 teenagers in the back but they may not be very comfortable, however if you have 4 or 5 suitcases you won't fir them in the boot.

Ian Dee
23-12-2008, 23:57
Aaron
4 x 4 minimum I would say.
look at the web site Mark has put; this one is the best and helpful.

You need to balance the need for luggage to & from the airport with a car suitable for the rest of your holiday. No point having a massive car for luggage trip for 2 days. But that may mean having dome smaller cases inside.
A premium 4 door like a Pacifica would be ideal, subject to the luggage point.

Bear in mind that US saloons do have a very narrow lid to their boot/trunk, although deep. That's why I suggest making a point of a pacifica type although its in a saloon section, as its a 4x4. To ensure a 4x4 you may need to specify mid size SUV.
Also depends what car hire you book with as not many allow you to actually specify the actual car; Alamo let you pick from a line, Dollar specify the car only when you arrive, although you can change it when you see what you have been allotted. Other firms I have no knowledge of.

(or you could get a HUMMER!