PDA

View Full Version : Its snowing!!!!

esprit
29-11-2003, 08:09
The nightly snowfall in Celebration began tonight. Hourly at 6, 7, 8 and 9. The big Christmas tree has gone up and all of the trees are covered with lights and red bows. The shops are really beautifully decorated. Santa's grotto is open for business. It is so cute. He even has a little stove with pots and pans on it!! The carriage rides and train rides are doing great business at weekends. No carols coming from the musical mushrooms at the moment but am expecting it any minute!!

DISNEYDIVA
29-11-2003, 10:07
Oh how i would love to see it all, there are some good pics of the Celebration lights on
http://www.34747.org
enjoy - Lesley.

fiona
29-11-2003, 16:43
We'll be there after the 10th! And finish it off with supper at Antonio's:D

esprit
29-11-2003, 18:35
I'll pm you my tel no just in case you want to put a cup of tea im East Village on the agenda, Fiona. Mind you it depends on the night. Week nights we are usually working or on call ( ask Orlandobabe!!!!!)

fiona
29-11-2003, 20:11
That would be lovely Julie. I am sure we could let ourselves out and lock up!!!!;)

chrizzy100
02-12-2003, 07:11
quote:Originally posted by esprit

The nightly snowfall in Celebration began tonight. Hourly at 6, 7, 8 and 9. The big Christmas tree has gone up and all of the trees are covered with lights and red bows. The shops are really beautifully decorated. Santa's grotto is open for business. It is so cute. He even has a little stove with pots and pans on it!! The carriage rides and train rides are doing great business at weekends. No carols coming from the musical mushrooms at the moment but am expecting it any minute!!

We have real snow on the way tonight....we just had a fire in the powerstation and no heat or light for a few hours.....:(

ianandsue
03-12-2003, 04:09
We went to Celebration on Saturday, lots of atmosphere and good to get in to the spirit of things. Unfortunately we are back home now with the Florida Blues!!

DISNEYDIVA
03-12-2003, 11:10
ianandsue, I find when i get back from Florida the blues usually last until i go again [msnsad]
I am a Celebration GEEK i activly promote the town within my own town council, i suggested to them they should paint the fence that runs the main road through the town white, when i see the paint tins come out i will be a very happy woman.
Wouldn't it be great to be able to go into our own home towns and feel that atmosphere. I will dream on. [msnsmile2]
Lesley.

esprit
14-12-2003, 20:28
Celebration was fantastic last night. As well as the train, they had two horsedrawn carriages running. Loads of food stands in the streets.Lights all lit up, snow falling. Best of all, carol singers ( professional) dressed in Victorian garb, bonnets, muffs and crinolines, top hat and tails. The town was milling. The queue for the train and Santas grotto had to be seen to be believed. We sat and had a meal outside of the Celebration Tavern ( big fat burger and chips, $6.95 so not all the food in Celebration is expensive) and watched the activity. Just magical.

kaysvacationvilla
14-12-2003, 20:41
Is Celebration an actual town or a village owned by disney? I have heard conflicting stories.

Kay

P.S. We are getting another 6-12 inches of real snow today.

kaysvacationvilla
14-12-2003, 20:42
Chrizzy, If you get too cold you can drive up to my house and sit by the fire.

Kay

esprit
15-12-2003, 08:51
It is a township divided into three villages, North, South and East, plus the town centre area, There are two new areas being built- Aquila Reserve and Artisan Park which will make five villages.. It is owned by Disney at the moment though there are rumours that Disney will pull out and allow the town to be self managing once the building is all complete.
Most people drive through a bit of North Village to the town centre and stop there. It is actually about five times bigger than that.

chrizzy100
15-12-2003, 18:47
quote:Originally posted by kaysvacationvilla

Chrizzy, If you get too cold you can drive up to my house and sit by the fire.

Kay

We had a fire at the power plant.....the power out lasted a few hours.........we lose power at lot here ...for a few hours at a time......

We keep getting snow in the evenings.......then the rain washes it away by morning.....my kind of snow.....hehehehehehe