PDA

View Full Version : Julie's Waterfront

Beverley
28-11-2003, 18:11
Has anyone been to this restaurant?
We want to take my in-laws out for lunch while we are over in December. We would like to take them somewhere new and different to their usual haunts, the lunch menu at Julie's sounded very nice.

Beverley
02-12-2003, 21:03
Ok, obviously not :)
If we give it a try I will report back good or bad :D

blott
02-12-2003, 22:21
Sorry Beverley, I don't think we intended to ignore your question! :) If you try it out, let us all know what it's like when you get back - we always need test drivers for new eating places! :D

dbrook
02-12-2003, 22:39
Hi Beverley,

I do remember reading a post on another site about Julie's Waterfront and it got an excellent write up from someone who visits it often. The inside quite basic (plastic tablecloth, cutlery etc) but the food fantastic and very reasonably priced, seafood being their speciality.

They have a website but you might have already seen this

www.julieswaterfront.com

Do let us have a report if you visit:D

Beverley
03-12-2003, 00:55
Hi
Thanks we will take a chance and give it a go for lunch one day. My in-laws like a 'drive out' and this sounded the type of place they would like to find on their travels.

Watch this space :D

florida4sun
13-12-2003, 02:41
If this is the one on OBT towards Orlando, then everyone raves about it but I think the place is awful. The pacle is unkept and noty clean. Wheelchairs have to access through the kitchen and after Kate saw the kitchen she refused to eat there[xx(]
Now I get so many recommendations for a 'Julies Waterfront' that am thinking there could be two. However I cannot find the other.
The kids and I ate there and while the food was Ok it was not special, typical fried fare you can get anywhere. The lcation is nice but when your sitting in a pcae that feels like it could sink into the lake at any moment, it ruins the experience. Plastic table cloths and amosquito net that has holes big enough to let in a herd of Elephants. You would do a lot better for a 'special night out'.

quote:Originally posted by Beverley

Has anyone been to this restaurant?
We want to take my in-laws out for lunch while we are over in December. We would like to take them somewhere new and different to their usual haunts, the lunch menu at Julie's sounded very nice.

Beverley
28-12-2003, 02:47
Hi,
Well we went (without the family)............
Went in..........
Came out.........
Not going again..........
Greasy.........
I would echo Martin's opinions, shame really cos lovely view.

blott
28-12-2003, 04:19
Oh well, someone just had to go there to try it out... :(

Sorry you had a bad experience but at least the rest of us know now to cross this one off our list and that's a very valuable piece of knowledge so thanks Beverley.