PDA

View Full Version : christmas and new year

Dianet
11-12-2008, 01:25
Hi Iam looking for any info anyone can give me plz. We are of to florida on monday 15/12/08 returning home 10/1/09 and have 4 kids ages 15,13,just turned 11 and other turning 12 while we are there. The only tickets that we have so far are Pirate dinner tickets for my sons 12th bday but havent even thought of anyothers apart from 1 day at magic kingdom. We are staying in Davenport lakes and have transport. Are there any parks/ places that we should / shouldnt go? Anywhere anyone can recomend? We have only been once Jan this yr and loved it, although after 4 days kids had enough of the parks we cant wait to go bk !!!
Thanks in advance for any info and help[msnsmile2]

sundowner
11-12-2008, 21:59
Not sure whether you went on your last visit but I am sure with the ages of your kids they would love Islands of Adventure and Universal.

Avoid the parks at weekends as they are extremely busy.

There will be a lot of people here that have kids that age and be able to give much better tips. My kids are now 30 yr old so it has been a while since we were in Orlando with teenagers.

christhear
11-12-2008, 22:58
If you are not planning on spending many days at the theme parks, I would advise doing this towards the endof your holidays - From around Jan 3rd the parks are very quiet.

Have you been to Kennedy Space centre, its a good day out and never too busy - your ticket actually last for 2 days if you get it stamped and you can visit the astronaut hall of fame which has quite a lot of hands on things for the kids.

Also Sea World is worth a visit as its not too heavy on the rides, quite a relaxing day as there are plenty of shows to watch.

domster
12-12-2008, 14:32
The parks will get a little busy at the weekends, but as you are there until 10 Jan you will have them to yourself after the Xmas period. We have been during the xmas period (during the week), and it was not too bad.

A good day out is always off to the beaches. Plenty to do there.