PDA

View Full Version : parking with left wheel at pavement edge.

jensonv8
12-11-2008, 00:43
just read on one of the trip reports about parking with left wheel at pavement side...apparently its illegal .warrenting a 50 dollar fine...does
that mean parking on the wrong side of the street and therefore
facing the wrong way...the trip report said they were in celebration
when it happend.....weve been to celebration loads of times but never gave it a second thought about parking the wrong way round.
anyway, hope sombody can understand what im babbling about....
nobody told us about this.........

CERICROWLEY
12-11-2008, 00:59
You are not supposed to park on the right hand side facing the wrong way in the UK either, really, but here in the UK it is overlooked most of the time.

wrpac00
12-11-2008, 01:00
I know in Celebration if you park not facing the way the traffic flows you will be fined. Not sure about elsewhere.

florida4sun
12-11-2008, 01:09
You are supposed to to park in the direction of the traffic or tickets can and will be issued. I had one once, although it is common sense really[:I]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wrpac00
I know in Celebration if you park not facing the way the traffic flows you will be fined. Not sure about elsewhere.
[/quote]

roger
12-11-2008, 01:14
You often see cars getting tickets for parking facing the wrong way, as it is illegal. It tends to happen more so at night if the car is left on the road.

jensonv8
12-11-2008, 01:30
thankyou all for your help....ill park correctly next time..

MarkJan
12-11-2008, 02:07
I received a ticket in Celebration last year as I dived into a spot which had become empty. Did notice all the other cars were facing the direction of traffic [msnembarrased]

andy_d
12-11-2008, 04:50
We got a ticket last year in St Petes even though we had paid for a display ticket and were within our time. I was confused as to why we had been given it and than realised all the rest of the parked cars were facing the other way.

CarolAnn
12-11-2008, 12:31
Yep! We had one in Monteray a few years back...we were only parked there mins too, as someone needed a bathroom break[msnembarrased]