PDA

View Full Version : Daytona 500

chris
25-11-2003, 13:22
DH and ES want to go to this on Feb 14 or 15. Has anyone ever been? What is the best way to buy tickets? The official website doesnt look too friendly for international purchase but all brokers we've found so far add fees of about $50 per ticket.
When is the best time to drive there as I reckon the roads will get chockablock?
From another thread it looks as if Moses will be joining them as I can't see him having an easy exit from the airport!:)I'm surprised he even managed to get a flight there that day.

annette_tr9
22-01-2004, 19:42
we went to daytona 500 in feb 2002. we bought tickets by ringing the ticket line (number on the site). A bit more expensive that way but at least you get to talk to someone! We bought a weekend ticket but they won't post them to the UK. You have to collect them from the "will call" window when you get there which is no hassle. Just take some id (passport/driving licence) and the card you used to pay with.

As for the roads it was the most organised race i have ever been to!! Nothing like you get in the uk. On the way in they make both sides of the road one way in. there are loads of car parks and if you are some distance from the track they take you there in one of those yellow school buses.

It's a great experience, i would definately recommend going!

chris
29-01-2004, 23:20
Thanks Annette
As I got no answers from the forum they rang the phone number anyway. We didnt realise but the tickets had only just gone on sale! Paul's printed off all the details from the website. He's decided to drive to Daytona during the week before the race to pick up the tickets and check out the beach etc. Its a long time since I've seen my 'cant be bothered' teenager so excited about anything:D