PDA

View Full Version : First real cold front..........i'm freezing!

Frosty
29-10-2008, 20:32
Yesterday we awoke to high 40's which then quickly warmed up to 70 ish.

Today low 40's and its struggling to get out of the 60's.

This is the first time i have had to wear tracky bottoms this year and it feels freezing.

Yes i know its warmer than the UK, but when you get used to 80's and 90's its a bit of a shock to the old system.

Its days like today, that always make it difficult to answer the "what temp will it be at........" question.
Answer is it could be warm and sunny, but it could be really chilly and sunny.

chrizzy100
29-10-2008, 21:28
It does seem early for the low temps...it is warmer in MA....

blott
30-10-2008, 01:27
It's far better than snow, which is what we woke up to this morning! Cold snaps in Florida are just that, snaps, and only last a few days before the temperature rises again - wish I could say the same for the UK.

ShirleyD
30-10-2008, 02:05
My son was able to play snowballs in Reading, so really wierd weather worldwide it seems. At leas it will be bikinis in Florida next week...don't think it will be the same in the UK [msnscared]

Cruella DeVilla
30-10-2008, 03:29
It was beautiful today, brisk with not a cloud in the sky, back to 80s by the weekend.

Some guests across the way were out in the garden sunbathing in their bikiins so obvsiously hot enough for them[8D]

kaysvacationvilla
30-10-2008, 03:47
Chrizzy,

What Mass are you in? It was in the low 40's all day today in Bridgewater. I just got back from my son's high school soccer game and froze as it is now 37 and the wind was whipping! I NEED Florida!

chrizzy100
30-10-2008, 05:58
I'm on the Cape its been lovely here apart from yesterday when we had a storm..I've been in FL a lot this year..got fed up with the dull skies and rain to be honest..I was glad to get home....

Its got a little colder tonight...but its beautiful up here...the best place in the world this time of year...I disliked the high bills..but I've cut them way back with new heaters and a log fire...

I hope FL is better for me next Jan/Feb...I look forward to my FL winter stays...so I'm hoping my last 3 trips were just a fluke..I have to say tons of my friends living in FL are moaning about the weather...I think you feel the cold more once you have lived in FL a few years...my friend was born there and anything under 75 to her is freezing...

CERICROWLEY
30-10-2008, 14:32
We are here this week, visting both Universal and Disney and UK and Canadian guests are in shorts and t shirts and finding it still warm for them.

We actually went to Blizzard Beach yesterday and some people kept away from the water with the weather a little cooler than normal, but we still found some sunburnt bodies.

LiesaAnna
30-10-2008, 14:59
well its freezing here in Brighton south east UK, dark skies..... who knows what lays behind them!!!