PDA

View Full Version : Weather and tempertures in Orlando at Christmas

elio2269
26-10-2008, 16:09
Hello everyone, My wife and I and our 3 children will be coming to Orlando for a 3 week vacation on the 22nd of December 2008 and we would love to know what kind of weather and temperatures to expect.
Will it be hot enough to sun bathe and get a sun tan?
What sort of daily temperatures will we get?
At night is it still warm or cold, what sort of temperatures?
We want to hire a car but have not done so yet, I want to hire one when we arrive. So where is the best place to hire one from?

We are going to stay at theQuality Inn Plaza on International Drive.

Many thanks in advance for all your help.

mfairhurst
26-10-2008, 17:16
Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your holiday in Orlando ,You can hire a car from this site so click in on the car hire and they will give you a quote .
Why not stay in a villa for your stay in FLORIDA at least there will be plenty of room for your children and they will have their own pool .
The villas on these sites are verifed so you will rent from a private owner and the one you book will be the one you stay in .[msnsmile2]
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

ShirleyD
26-10-2008, 17:31
If you want to save money on car hire, pre book through the link above. Renting one when you get there will cost more once they have added all the extras that are included with US car hire.

Temperatures in December can be as good as mid to high 70s, which is great for sun bathing, though the evenings will be cooler. Take a fleece or jacket with you. It is possible to get a few cool days at this time of year, but the wonderful thing about Florida, is that it never lasts for long! If you are staying at a hotel, the pool may not be that warm. Private villa pools tend to stay warmer as you can cover them in the evenings to keep the heat in

Florida2009
26-10-2008, 18:22
We went a couple of years ago at the same time. We found the weather to be great. 20 - 25 degrees most day although it got quite chilly in the evenings. We went to the water parks as well as Discovery Cove and felt the weather was fine. Be careful as i got sun stroke for a day after we had been to a water park and didn't realise sun was as strong as it was. Hope you have a great time.

Katys Grandad
26-10-2008, 20:02
Unlike Spring/Summer/Autumn it takes a while for the days to warm up so when you see a daily 'High' quoted, bear in mind that temperature might only have been achieved for an hour of two in the middle of the day. Also be aware that, like at home, there will be more hours of darkness than of daylight.

That said, it is very pleasant to be in a much warmer climate at that time of year and you will definitely get some days when it will seem like a good Spring day in the UK. Don't expect wall to wall sunshine and high temperatures and then you won't be disappointed.

elio2269
26-10-2008, 20:51
Thank you all very much for your information. It has been very helpful and apreiciated.