PDA

View Full Version : new to mco

maisy
26-10-2008, 12:01
First flight into MCO normally fly into Sanford
Just checking car pickup is the same. We will be booking car rental via this site and roger so are all rental companies on site dont want a bus ride to pick car up
Also we desperatly want to rent a convertible this year but i have read conflicting reports here
We are two adults two kids 2 large cases 2 holdalls. I notice certain companies rent out certain size convertibles which would be suitable for us
We are travelling with others so if push came to shove we maybe could pass on a bag

MarkJan
26-10-2008, 12:08
After arrival and proceeding through US customs, the car hire desks are all together, downstairs in the main building. Quite easy.

DaveL
26-10-2008, 12:10
Thrifty are not on site which is why their rates are cheaper, from other reports in this section their pick up seems to be quick.

I never book a convertible so I will leave others to comment on this.

Dave

Neatfeat
26-10-2008, 13:01
Hi

I have a convertible at home in the UK but it doesn't get anywhere near as hot in the UK as it does in Florida! Even in the UK if you're sitting in traffic and not moving even with the aircon on then it's hot.

It depends what time of year you are going but in my honest opinion I would say don't do it, it's going to be far too hot and you'll end up paying a lot of money to have a car with the roof and aircon on that you can't fit many bags in! For a few £'s more you could hire a huge luxury 4X4 that you'd never afford the fuel to run at home!

Alternatively, only have a convertible for a few days in the middle of the holiday as a treat.

roger
26-10-2008, 14:27
If you have 2 adults and 2 children then the convertible will be OK, but I'm not sure 2 large cases will fit. Even the larger convertibles, although the trunk is wide and goes back a long way, the height is very restricted in parts.

msmiff
26-10-2008, 17:23
We've frequently hired convertibles with 2 adults & 2 kids from when they were 7+11 to 18+21....
Kids LOVE them !!! They bounce around in the back, adults in front with air-con (even with the roof down).
However, the boot room isn't all that big & we find that hard cases are a no-no. Soft bags are much better suited, you squish 'em around 'till everything's in & you may well have a bag between the kids on the way back to the airport.
Mustang has smaller boot, but roof down doesn't impinge on space.
Sebring has much bigger boot but if roof down, takes up boot space.

dsv77
27-10-2008, 15:07
My son hired a convertable on two occasions this year , in May he used Dollar they gave him a P.T Cruiser it was hellish for him to drive as he is 6ft 3in so by the time he put the seat back for leg room there as no room in the back for a passenger and the boot only took 1 large holdall he had tp sit the other bags on the back seat [ a sheriff told him this is not advisable as theif can strike at traffic lights and steal bags.
in Sept he used budget ,this time he was given a sebring , much more roomy than the p.t cruiser , but when the roof is down there is only enough space for about 2to3 soft bags [ hard bags are no use as they need to be pushed under the roof when it folds into the boot.

As others have said , why dont you book a converatable for a few days During your holiday ,you can do this at one of the local offices, my son booked one for 3 days at the budget office in Old town for around 98.00 he did this from the u.k direct with Budget before he left for florida.

I would still book your main car through this site though