PDA

View Full Version : Gas station for Boaters

rakinard
22-11-2003, 20:03
What if there were a chain of gas station/convenience stores that catered specifically to the needs of boaters in Florida? The stores would be conveniently located near high-traffic saltwater boat ramps and major roadways along the coast. They would be large service stations that are accommodating to vehicles with boats on trailers. The gas pumps would feature high-speed nozzles in order to quickly fill large fuel tanks found on saltwater boats. The stations would also have a large walk-in ice room that houses two industrial-size ice machines. The inside store at the stations would feature “last minute” necessities such as basic fishing tackle, licenses, sun protection products, snacks, beverages, etc.

My partners and I would like to know your thoughts? Does this solve a major pain for you, getting ready for a day on the water? Would you shop at such a store? Why or why not? How would you make it better?

florida4sun
22-11-2003, 20:14
There are dockable gas stations just about everywhere in Florida. Same as anyware esle really. The closer you get to the sea the more boater friendly the gas stations. You Marine maps/GPS will show you the nearest ones to your location.

quote:Originally posted by rakinard

What if there were a chain of gas station/convenience stores that catered specifically to the needs of boaters in Florida? The stores would be conveniently located near high-traffic saltwater boat ramps and major roadways along the coast. They would be large service stations that are accommodating to vehicles with boats on trailers. The gas pumps would feature high-speed nozzles in order to quickly fill large fuel tanks found on saltwater boats. The stations would also have a large walk-in ice room that houses two industrial-size ice machines. The inside store at the stations would feature “last minute” necessities such as basic fishing tackle, licenses, sun protection products, snacks, beverages, etc.

My partners and I would like to know your thoughts? Does this solve a major pain for you, getting ready for a day on the water? Would you shop at such a store? Why or why not? How would you make it better?