PDA

View Full Version : Hotels

clairemca
13-10-2008, 13:31
Hi,

I just wanted to reply to the topic re hotels, as it was locked and I couldn't reply.

I'm sorry I never realised this forum was about villas, I thought it was about Florida.

I wasn't asking anyone to recommend a hotel, I just simply wanted to know what other people's experience of staying in a hotel was compared to staying in a villa.

Claire

Susan J
13-10-2008, 13:50
hi Claire
Thats an easy one to answer- its why most of us bought villas :)
1] You don't have to all share the same bathroom, the same TV -and well basically the same room.
2] You can have a private conversation!!
3] You are not whispering after the kids have gone to sleep, and can still watch TV or swim in the pool
4] You don't have to pack a bag to go to the pool, just open the door
5] If you have young children you know they are safe learning to swim in your pool, and not being knocked about by bigger children [or even going in the pool by accident]
6] You can choose the company you want to be with and share your home with them, rather than meet in a loud restaurant for an overpriced meal
7] You can eat where and how you want -fed up with junk food, you can buy fresh supplies, or ingerdients for a fave kids recipe and have it at home, by the pool
8]No one wakes you by slamming the hotel door and shouting all the way down the corridor
9] You are not constantly thinking the maid will be coming in -you can just relax
10]you don't have to pack tons of clothes as you have a washer and dryer handy, and you are not dressing for breakfast in your villa.
11]You can share the cost of a home amongst the friends you ar with, rather than all paying for separate hotel rooms
12]You get to explore more- I find if I stay in Disney, it is difficult to get yourself off their premises to see other things
13] you can have a drink at any odd hour you want, not have to wait for the breakfast room to open, or take out a small mortgage and order room service, then wait for it so long you go back to sleep with a dry throat, be woken by them bringing it when you could have gone down to breakfast, and then have the maid want to come in whilst you are eating it.
I can go on and on and on.
The against of going in a villa
1] No chocolate at turn down on your bed
2] Your sheets have not been slept on by hundreds of people like hotel ones
3] you do not have sn elevator to wake you at night.
4] you do not have a drinks machine to wake you at night
5] There is no overpriced minibar for the kids to play with

I'll let others add to this, I would bore you with my list of gripes.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
13-10-2008, 14:02
No problem - it's an easy mistake to make [msnsmile]. We'd just rather try and keep the forums on the topic of Florida villas as that's the main reason for their existence.

I'll lock this one now before it starts to go in the same way as the other thread might have.