PDA

View Full Version : Next year

cymro
03-10-2008, 13:01
Enjoyed our stay in Davenport this year so much we are coming back next year. As we did the parks this year thought of something different next year. Would like to vists th Gulf Coast areas this time as well as a couple of park visits we missed such as Epcot and space centre.

Do you feel it is too far to travel to the gulf coast and back to Davenport on a daily basis (thinking of doing this about 3 or 4 times), or would it be better to split the stay between a week in Davenport and a week in the Gulf Coast.

SunLover
03-10-2008, 13:14
I would recommend splitting your stay between Davenport and the Gulf Coast.

There are some fabulous villas available through the site links above for Gulf Coast properties and those in the Disney area, so have fun choosing and enjoy a brilliant twin centre vacation :D

ShirleyD
03-10-2008, 14:21
I would also split my trip, the gulf coast has a very different feeling to the Disney area and there are some beautiful homes advertised on this site. You could always fit in Busch Gardens on the way there [msncool]

Nina A
03-10-2008, 14:23
It is possible to visit both coasts daily but it involves around two hours or more travelling each day. If say you want to have a day at the parks, then a day at the beach, or try both coasts, it is do able. If you prefer to have several consecutive days at the beach then it would probably be better to stay on the coast.

Many owners will accept stays of less than a week so you can mix and match your stay to suit your needs. Don't forget too that there is far more to the Orlando area than just the Parks. We rarely visit the major parks but still can't fit in everything we want to do!

Have fun planning. Like the rest of us it sounds as though you've caught the Florida bug [msncool]

Lynnes
03-10-2008, 17:39
At least once a year before visiting our villa we spend a week down on the gulf. It really is beautiful and tranquil where we stay. Mind you there is plenty to see and do if that is what you are looking for.

Mo Green
03-10-2008, 18:27
As an owner on the Gulf Coast I am obviously biased but as others have said it really has a different feel to the Orlando area. There are beautiful near deserted beaches, opportunities for sailing, deep sea fishing, or sunset cruises watching dolphins. Nature is never far away. Only yesterday we sat and watched two Dolphins put on a show for us when suddenly an Osprey swooped down and caught a fish the size of a large salmon. There were only two other couples on the beach!

For golfers it is a paradise but there are plenty of places to visit from quaint Gasparilla Island and Venice while Sarasota is only an hour away. There are dozens of restaurants to choose from from the chains to gourmet dining and of course plenty of retail therapy.

Mo

mollymolly
03-10-2008, 20:41
Many of my guests spend a week in Orlando with the hustle & bustle & excitement of the parks etc then a week down on the Gulf Coast where they can chill out and relax for their second week.

There you will have the opportunity to sample the laid back lifestyle of the "Other Florida" while you charge up your batteries.

Bernadette

Pookie
03-10-2008, 22:00
I too am a tad biased to the gulf coast as we too chose to build here.

It is a very different feel and there is as much or as little to do which ever is your preference.

Many of our guests now do take advantage of a 2 center vacation, they find the rest just geat after the sometimes hectic week in Orlando.

Great boating, watersports, fishing, golfing the list is endless.

Lynne

Maddie
04-10-2008, 17:09
You must take a trip over to the Gulf. We love Anna Maria Island and the Sarasota area.

atush
05-10-2008, 02:23
Going back and forth would be madness. To much driving, too little relaxing.

Find a place you'd like to go there and then book it. Most of my one week rentals are doing something elsewher ein FL such as Orlando and the parks.

So what is important to you? distance, beaches, price, amentities? Give us this, and we can steer you to the right location for your gulf sojurn, from Naples to the Panhandle.

LynnT
04-11-2008, 20:37
We have had some wonderful holidays on the gulf coast. We have stayed at various places along the gulf coast(always in a villa) and also done day trips whilst staying in a villa in Orlando. Perhaps make a short list of the places you most want to visit on the gulf coast and then look at the driving distances, then it would be your own choice whether or not to do day trips or stay.

Some of the things we have enjoyed on the Gulf Coast, as well as those already mentioned have been hiring a boat and having our own personal dolphin show and visiting beaches only accessible by watercraft. Jet Sking, including fantastic personalised tours. Swimming with a manatee while visiting one of the fabulous beaches not far from Rotunda.

You are sure to have a wonderful time on the Gulf Coast and I would thoroughly recommend a visit.