PDA

View Full Version : Approved online ESTA

ali-uk
02-10-2008, 21:24
Hi,
I have just done the online ESTA application and all 4 of us were approved straight away[clap].
It was a simple process (even for me).

ujpest doza
09-10-2008, 19:50
I did ours the other night, all approved instantly, which was nice!

The only bit i fell down on on the first one was not knocking the zero off our home telephone number which was even compulsory anyway.

Susan J
10-10-2008, 17:40
What is an ESTA?

Madabouttigger
10-10-2008, 21:37
Susan, ESA is a change in the Visa Waiver Programme from Next January. Any one going into the states after 12.01.2009 needs to complete a Visa Waiver application on line at

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/esta.html?_flowExecutionKey=_c16E3E247-A3E3-6CCB-75F6-60A92E91740D_k5B6A3951-1F2F-180B-BCBE-FD391CAD7D7F

(you will need to cut and paste this into your browser).

Its quite easy to do and I got a response immediatly.

Diane.

hamish
10-10-2008, 23:03
Hi, can you tell me how long the ESTA lasts for and does our 12 month old grandson have to fill his own out.??[msnwink]
We are not travelling till next april, can we fill out the form in advance.?

MarkJan
11-10-2008, 00:48
Lasts for 2 years from date of registration. Just done ours, valid to 10/10/2010

Robert5988
11-10-2008, 06:16
There isn't much point in completing it before early January. I did mine a couple of months ago and when I entered a couple of weeks ago, the immigration officer said it wasn't yet available on their system for them to check.

steph_goodrum
11-10-2008, 12:26
You have to fill one out for everybody regardless of their age, so you will need to do one for your Grandson.

blott
11-10-2008, 16:16
US Immigration were handing out forms about ESTA when we arrived in Florida in September.

luckylady
14-10-2008, 15:11
All done and dusted for the next two years http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/luckylady/200810723956_icon_thumbs.gif

Madabouttigger
14-10-2008, 21:31
Mine to![msnwink]

steph_goodrum
14-10-2008, 21:57
Unless you change your name, your passport expires, you move house etc, then you have to update it.:)

berni_richards
15-10-2008, 02:51
ours was done yesterday as I will have more than enough to remember for our trip in Jan 09.

a_broxibear
19-10-2008, 14:55
hi, i got an email about this and gonna fill it in, but nto sure how it will work for my girlfriend and was hoping someone can tell me what the deal is. We both stay in Scotland, but she is canadian and has a canadian passport, but it does have a British residence stamp in it. Will she just have to fill in a visa on the plane as normal as there isnt an option for Canada?
thanks for any help

kay9jess
05-01-2009, 21:14
what happens to the application if you do not have 6 months on your passport at departure.are we better waiting till we renew our passports

dbrook
05-01-2009, 21:56
The US Embassy website says 90 days is the required amount, but also says

"If you are traveling visa free under the Visa Waiver Program and your passport is not valid for 90 days, you will be admitted into the United States until the date on which the passport expires".

So it shouldn't be a problem.

Here is the link:-

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...iv.html#niv079

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kay9jess
what happens to the application if you do not have 6 months on your passport at departure.are we better waiting till we renew our passports
[/quote]

steph_goodrum
06-01-2009, 00:27
The ESTA number is valid for 2 years or until the expiration of your passport , so personally I'd renew the passports and then apply to save having to go through the process twice.

Q: How far in advance of my trip do I need to apply for travel authorization through ESTA?

A: To facilitate the authorization process, DHS recommends that ESTA applications be submitted no less than 72 hours prior to travel. However, applications may be submitted at any time prior to traveling to the United States under the VWP. VWP travelers are not required to have specific plans to travel to the United States before they apply for an ESTA; however, each approved ESTA application will be valid for a period of two years or until the applicant's passport expires, whichever comes first. As soon as VWP travelers begin to plan a trip to visit the United States, they are encouraged to apply for authorization through the ESTA website. If applicants' destination addresses or itineraries should change after their authorization has been approved, they may easily update that information through the ESTA website. After ESTA becomes mandatory, travelers who have not received ESTA approval may be denied boarding, experience delayed processing, or be denied admission at a U.S. port of entry.

lewisp
07-01-2009, 13:55
anyone know if they have sorted out the blip on the system which didnt allow you to complete the application if your passports were valid for longer than 10 years yet? Gill

blott
07-01-2009, 16:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lewisp
anyone know if they have sorted out the blip on the system which didnt allow you to complete the application if your passports were valid for longer than 10 years yet? Gill[/quote]Yes, mine worked fine despite being valid for more than ten years.

berrysmiles
08-01-2009, 22:45
I filled in the ESTA in November for our trip to Orlando. I am going to Chicago in February, does any one know if I have to go into the site again and change my travel details on it ie flight no , destination etc. I wouldn't like to get to the airport and be told I can't travel[msnoo]

Judy

blott
08-01-2009, 23:09
I think the idea is that you update the flight number and address you're staying for every trip to the USA that you make. Much the same as filling in a separate visa waiver form for each visit. The benefit being that the system holds your personal info already.

berrysmiles
09-01-2009, 00:11
Thanks Blottie - I thoought that myself but wasn't totally sure

Judy