PDA

View Full Version : Visa waiver

Florida2009
25-09-2008, 00:45
Apparently on current green visa waiver form you have to list the countries recently visited. As my daughter is volunteering in Zambia for three months before our next trip to Orlando does anyone know if this is likely to cause any problem.

wrpac00
25-09-2008, 02:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Florida2009
Apparently on current green visa waiver form you have to list the countries recently visited. [/quote]

Not that I can remember you don't.

When are you going? If its after the 12 Jan you need to register on ESTA as the Visa Waver form is being done away with.

Florida2009
25-09-2008, 02:46
I am going after 12 Jan does esta cover anything like this?

GrahamC
25-09-2008, 03:02
No, the question is not asked, so it will not be a problem.

Albert the Frog
25-09-2008, 17:50
The green form is not being done away with yet.They are running them in tandem for an unspecified period

steph_goodrum
25-09-2008, 18:26
Albert
The info on the website says they will still be having the green form till ESTA becomes compulsory on 12th January 2009

There is a sample Visa waiver form on here

http://www.orlando-guide.info/FORUMS/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14753&whichpage=3

if you want to reassure yourself.

I have a feeling I have seen the question you are thinking of and suspect it might be ont eh white Customs and Immigration form. Will try and see if I can find a copy of that.

There is a question on the Customs and immigration form, I thought I remembered it being asked somewhere

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/sample_declaration_form.xml

8. Print the name of the country(ies) that you visited on your trip prior to arriving to the United States.

The way I read it is that it will only be relevant if your daughter is coming straight to the US from Zambia. I would imagine that is because there could be certain countries that may have been visited that it would perhaps have been easier to smuggle drugs etc from or certain health issues they may worry that you have picked up diseases etc. However it does say on your trip rather than previous trips within a specified time.

Florida2009
25-09-2008, 21:02
Thanks for that. My daughter will be back in this country,UK, in April and we wont be stateside until end of July. Would we then need to put this on the form.

steph_goodrum
25-09-2008, 21:18
If it were me I wouldnt see that it would be necessary as it's a separate trip. Your daughter will be flying direct from UK to USA.

Albert the Frog
25-09-2008, 22:55
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
Albert
The info on the website says they will still be having the green form till ESTA becomes compulsory on 12th January 2009

There is a sample Visa waiver form on here

http://www.orlando-guide.info/FORUMS/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14753&whichpage=3

if you want to reassure yourself.

I have a feeling I have seen the question you are thinking of and suspect it might be ont eh white Customs and Immigration form. Will try and see if I can find a copy of that.

There is a question on the Customs and immigration form, I thought I remembered it being asked somewhere

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/sample_declaration_form.xml

8. Print the name of the country(ies) that you visited on your trip prior to arriving to the United States.

The way I read it is that it will only be relevant if your daughter is coming straight to the US from Zambia. I would imagine that is because there could be certain countries that may have been visited that it would perhaps have been easier to smuggle drugs etc from or certain health issues they may worry that you have picked up diseases etc. However it does say on your trip rather than previous trips within a specified time.
[/quote]

That's good-I am happy to be wrong!

Robert5988
26-09-2008, 01:40
It is question 8 on the customs declaration(the blue form CBP form 6095B)

"countries visited on this trip prior to the USA"

Note on 'this trip' so if you arrived in the USA via Zambia you would have to declare.