PDA

View Full Version : Looking for nice conservation sub division

janet0605
20-11-2003, 03:55
I'm looking for some advice! My hubby and I both like to see trees.
Hubby is very interested in butterflies and being able to go out for a walk and watch the butterflies definitely makes the holiday.
Any advice on location?

huckleberry house
20-11-2003, 09:17
Hi Janet
You could call me biased but you could consider Thousand Oaks,lets just say it didnt get its name without good reason.
Some of the butterflies I have seen landing on my pool screen have been out of this world and soooo large.
It is a very unusual sub-division in that the builders preserved all the woodland throughout the entire estate when they built and the large lake which is the centrepiece to the community only has a few houses on it so retains a large portion of pine and American Oak trees.There are trees everywhere you look ,forming a backdrop to the whole estate but like I say,I may be biased :D:D

Forgot to mention,if you are looking to purchase zip code is 33896.

Lesley

bellaepovera
20-11-2003, 12:06
Hi Janet and welcome..If you go to Orlando villas homepage and put out a general inquiry for which size home you are interested in and also for homes with conservation views you will for sure get many replies.

janny
20-11-2003, 13:03
If you want to see the natural beauty of Florida in all its glory there is no better way than visiting a state park. The closest to the Disney area is Lake Louisa just up the 27 n towards Clermont take a look at this link -it will also tell you all about the other parks and what you can do whilst there
http://www.dep.state.fl.us/parks/district3/lakelouisa/info/activities.asp

keith_harrison
21-11-2003, 19:41
Hi Janet

We have a property in Doral woods.exclusive development,situated just south of Kissimmee It is a very nice peacefull community.Featuring over 200 executive homes,wooded lots of around a half acre providing privacy, close to two beautiful nature reserves.

You are spoilt for choice,all homes offer lots, each have their own uniqueness, its nice to have a good look and get a good feel for the one you would like, each home you will find has its own individual personal touches furnished to high standards to suit ones own.

Kind regards happy hunting

The Harrison Family

asbaum
27-11-2003, 11:03
We are in Lindfields, on Picadilly Circle which faces a woodland conservation area. I remarked just recently about the size of the butterflies - 6" and larger wing span. Quite amazing, as here in the Midwest of the USA they aren't much bigger than a few inches. Lots of large dragon flies, too.

I would suppose that butterflies abound in Florida, so I would assume that you'd see them in any of the older subdivisions that set aside more conservation land and have older trees. This is just my perspective and others may have an alternate take.