PDA

View Full Version : Current Weather

orlandochris
10-09-2008, 17:29
Hi all. What is the weather like out there at the moment? The Weather Channel website says constant rain for the next week, however reports on here would suggest otherwise.[msnsmile2]

blott
10-09-2008, 18:01
Been here just over a week and it's only rained once so don't believe everything you're told! [msncool]

Temps in the upper 80s/lower 90s predicted all this week. What more could you ask? [msncool]

ShirleyD
10-09-2008, 18:23
These forcasts often show rain, but the greater details will say the chance of precipitation 20%/40% etc, meaning you are actually unlikely to get any. When it shows thunderstorms, these will normally only last a short while and are often very isolated

SteveandJan
10-09-2008, 18:26
are you trying to make us jealous Blott?

blott
10-09-2008, 18:55
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SteveandJan
are you trying to make us jealous Blott?[/quote]Me? Would I? Nah? I wouldn't be that mean... :)

chrizzy100
10-09-2008, 19:07
I used to worry about seeing all the rain clouds on the forecast in FL....I just think they guy likes drawing clouds and lighting a lot of the time...the best way to get the weather is from the local news on the internet...

orlandochris
10-09-2008, 19:45
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
Been here just over a week and it's only rained once so don't believe everything you're told!

Temps in the upper 80s/lower 90s predicted all this week. What more could you ask?
[/quote]
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ShirleyD
These forcasts often show rain, but the greater details will say the chance of precipitation 20%/40% etc, meaning you are actually unlikely to get any. When it shows thunderstorms, these will normally only last a short while and are often very isolated
[/quote]

Exactly as I had hoped and suspected, thanks[msnsmile2]

Frosty
10-09-2008, 20:11
Hi Chris,

Its a bit like asking whats the weather like in England right now?

Here in Central Florida its been mostly dry and very hot. But if you were to ask anyone on the Keys or South Florida (Miami, Fort Lauderdale etc) they might answer a little differently.

Hurricane Ike has passed close to Florida and the outer bands of rain (a bit like a huge rain sprinkler passing by) mean't there has been sporadic showers hitting even Central FL.

Jill
10-09-2008, 22:08
Well I still know where I would rather be and it is not in England.

luckylady
11-09-2008, 00:00
Been here just over a week and it's only rained once so don't believe everything you're told! [msncool]

Temps in the upper 80s/lower 90s predicted all this week. What more could you ask? [msncool][/quote]Hey Blott kept that quiet, I had no idea you and mum were enjoying yourselves in Florida
I am so envious[msnwink]

mfairhurst
11-09-2008, 00:33
We had our first day without rain today and just got our lawn mowed as we are going to Tenerife on friday for a well earned break .Try and spend a little less time on the laptop [msnsmile2]if i can , It has been busy today so expecting people are sick of the weather here and looking ahead hope so [msnsmile2]
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

blott
11-09-2008, 01:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by luckylady

Temps in the upper 80s/lower 90s predicted all this week. What more could you ask? [msncool][/quote]Hey Blott kept that quiet, I had no idea you and mum were enjoying yourselves in Florida
I am so envious[msnwink][/quote]Hehehehe! :D

SDJ
11-09-2008, 02:31
Save some sun for next week Blott. We are on the edge of the cliffs in Perranporth tonight, and the tail end of Hannah is with us so blowing an absolute hooley outside. Off to see the Tall Ships in Falmouth tomorrow, so looks like they will be having a rough ride!!! The forecast is for 2/3 sunny days...will believe that haha. Only 6 days and counting.....even if it rains, it is still warmer than here.[msncool]

Sandra

LiesaAnna
11-09-2008, 03:35
well it was raining the day we arrived and its the day before we're going home and its absolutely chucking it down... thunder lightening u name it!!!
so going home to dear old Brighton south east coast UK to much the same weather me thinks!!!

sundowner
11-09-2008, 06:35
I guarantee it is warmer here than Brighton.

We are toward St Cloud end of Kissimmee 192 and had one and half hour thunder and rain this afternoon and about 20 mins at around 6.30. Should have come this way Leisa, sounds as though we were drier than you !!

LiesaAnna
11-09-2008, 09:27
it was horrendous Mary, the lightening was so scarey i turned the laptop off it felt ike it was on top of the house!!!

SDJ
11-09-2008, 15:11
Leisa, at least you know in Florida that the storms don't usually last all day, and you probably see some beautiful blue skies on most days, plus you also see the sun.

No comparison to the rain in Brighton, the temperature will most definitely be different!!!and the skies will not be blue for long. We have a few blue patches here in Perranporth, the sun is out, but it is very very windy and an autumn chill in the air. Only 5 more days......Hope you have a good trip back home.

Sandra

blott
11-09-2008, 23:52
Wall to wall sunshine here today folks.

90F today and 92F for Sat, Sun and Monday.

Rain - today 20%, weekend zilch, Monday 20%. [msncool]

chrizzy100
12-09-2008, 01:56
I've seem enough rain this year to last a life time...i'm not used to it anymore...

I'll put my order in for blue skies from the 26th onwards now...[msnsmile2]

Mo Green
12-09-2008, 07:42
Wall to wall sunshine and 90F in Fort Lauderdale and Miami today although the forecast was for rain.
This is supposed to be the worse day of the week [8D][8D][8D]

Mo