PDA

View Full Version : Disney Boardwalk/Gaylord Palms

dsv77
09-09-2008, 23:19
Hi Guys ,

going out to our villa in 20 days [ whos counting[msnwink]]
but would like to ask a couple of qustions, [ they probably been asked before so forgive me]

1 , Can you get into the Disney boardwalk without going through a theme park?

2 Can anyone go into the Gaylord Palms or do you have to be a resident , if we can go in is there an admission charge ? .

Thanks

ShirleyD
09-09-2008, 23:35
When we went to Gaylord there was no problem. We were eating, but I don't think we were asked that

blott
09-09-2008, 23:49
From what I can remember about Gaylord Palms, there's a car parking fee which you get free if you happen to be dining there but otherwise there are no charges unless you're going to see ICE around Christmas time when there is an admission fee for that.

DaveL
10-09-2008, 01:04
If your not eating then I think the Gaylord charge you about $10 for parking.

You can enter the Boardwalk area with no charge and no parking fee. You just pull up to the the entry gate at the front of the Boardwalk Hotel and tell them you want to look around. They require some sort of photo ID to let you in but after that the self parking area is just on the left.

Dave

feathersonline
10-09-2008, 01:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
From what I can remember about Gaylord Palms, there's a car parking fee which you get free if you happen to be dining there but otherwise there are no charges unless you're going to see ICE around Christmas time when there is an admission fee for that.
[/quote]

How do you avoid paying? We've always had to pay to park when we've eaten there...[msnsad]

blott
10-09-2008, 09:22
It's pay on exit I think? You take your car park ticket to the restaurant pay desk and it gets you out free - at least, it got us out free.

ShirleyD
10-09-2008, 13:20
When we went, we had to pay on the way in, but as we only had a huge note, he let us off :D This was a while ago and when ICE was on

andy_d
10-09-2008, 13:27
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by feathersonline
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
[/quote]

How do you avoid paying? We've always had to pay to park when we've eaten there...[msnsad]
[/quote]
I think you have to ask the waitress/waiter for a special ticket when paying your bill. This gets you out the carpark without paying the $10 fee.

feathersonline
10-09-2008, 22:38
Thanks folks.

We'll have to ask next time...

AshleyLodge
10-09-2008, 22:51
The restaurant will stamp your car park ticketas you leave and then you get out without paying

Lynne

dsv77
11-09-2008, 01:39
Thnx Folks ,

One of you mentioned the Boardwalk Hotel , I,v never seen this, is it signposted?

I dont want to end up in one of the Disney parks trying to find it ....

DaveL
11-09-2008, 03:36
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/DaveL/2008910233542_Snap1.jpg

Hope this helps.

Dave

sundowner
11-09-2008, 06:26
Disney's Boardwalk is well signposted and easy to find. Parking is free, we went there last night (went to Jelly Rolls, sore head today [beer])The guy at the gate did ask to see driving licence (or something with photo on).

You dont have to walk through the hotel but it is nice to have a little look.