PDA

View Full Version : I want THAT house!

Angua
18-11-2003, 21:00
Hi y'all.

Anyone else watching ITV's show, 'I want that house'? It's Florida feature week and they're showing several Florida villas each day with a chance to win a Villa worth £140k on Friday. They mostly seem to be showing properties in Davenport. I'm drooling.

BLAST! I shouldn't be telling you this, you'll cut my chances of winning! ....But you never know, I might be moving from the ranks of Villa Renter to Villa Owner status very soon.......

Kind regards
Sarah.[8D]
(crossing fingers, touching wood, etc. etc. etc.)

blott
18-11-2003, 22:31
Well, I wish you good luck Sarah! You're probably going to need it though... :D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
18-11-2003, 22:40
Good luck Sarah...[msnsmile2]

chrizzy100
18-11-2003, 22:58
quote:Originally posted by Sarah Seaman

Hi y'all.

Anyone else watching ITV's show, "I want that house"? It's Florida feature week and they're showing several Florida villas each day with a chance to win a Villa worth £140k on Friday. They mostly seem to be showing properties in Davenport. I'm drooling.

BLAST! I shouldn't be telling you this, you'll cut my chances of winning! ....But you never know, I might be moving from the ranks of Villa Renter to Villa Owner status very soon.......

Kind regards
Sarah.[8D]

My mum entered it too....I asked her why because she'll have the key to our Villa anyway...[msnsmile]...I wish we could see this show....what side is it on.?

DISNEYDIVA
18-11-2003, 23:00
Hi Sarah, have you checked out their web site ? it features the homes each day and todays was there BEFORE the program went out so that was a great preview.
http://meridiantv.com/iwantthathouse/
We have entered and so has our son-in-law.
Have you found the home on the net yet ?
Looks like the JESSUP model - there are some great photo's of it.
Take a look at
http://cumbrianlakes.com

Good Luck,
Lesley.[msnsmile2]

chrizzy100
18-11-2003, 23:00

Hi y'all.

Anyone else watching ITV's show, "I want that house"? It's Florida feature week and they're showing several Florida villas each day with a chance to win a Villa worth £140k on Friday. They mostly seem to be showing properties in Davenport. I'm drooling.

Kind regards
Sarah.[8D]

I would also wish you good luck......but I'm an only child and get all she owns in the will...so you can see my point...:DLOL

DISNEYDIVA
18-11-2003, 23:11
While were on the subject of winning a Florida Villa - has anyone entered the "Daily Mail" comp ?
Again i have and i've spent days and days trolling through builders web sites looking for that villa.
It could be one of several developers, has any one any clues ? do you have a villa next door to it ? Ha
Can anyone put me out of my misery.
Lesley.:D

Matt
18-11-2003, 23:22
On yesterdays show the realtor was Carol, and today was Brian, both of whom helped me with my property, it was great seeing them both on TV.

I had to call Carol today to let her know she looked a bit of a nonce dancing round her plot for her new house:D:D, but she did say the producer told her to do that.

I've also sent over to Florida a request for Brians autograph[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Both of them work for the same company, Carol in the UK office and Brian from the Orlando office.

The last house on there today which the couple brought, I had a look at when I was in Florida last week. Its over on Calabay and it truely is a wonderful home, although I'm not too sure the couple made the right choice with their Lot[msnoo]

And I too have entered the competition, everyday, twice a day since the series started:D:D I want to win......., and I think I'm gonna;);)

Regarding the Daily Mail comp Lesley, I can't help you there. Isn't it run in conjunction with TravelCityDirect? That still doesn't help with the location though huh?

DISNEYDIVA
18-11-2003, 23:41
Matt,
yes it is through TravelCityDirect, ive been on their site for clues and gone through every location they deal with. Its the 15 minutes form Universal that throws me, i keep coming up with Lake Nona area.
Well i will keep trying, i keep finding new developments as im searching.
Thanks Lesley.[msnsmile]

chrizzy100
18-11-2003, 23:46
quote:Originally posted by DISNEYDIVA

While were on the subject of winning a Florida Villa - has anyone entered the "Daily Mail" comp ?
Again i have and i've spent days and days trolling through builders web sites looking for that villa.
It could be one of several developers, has any one any clues ? do you have a villa next door to it ? Ha
Can anyone put me out of my misery.
Lesley.:D

Does it have a picture you can scan in.....I don't get the Daily Mail here so you're safe from me winning....[8D]

Cowboy
18-11-2003, 23:47
The resale home on todays programme is owned by a family I know from Bicester(no, it's not Carla):D It is on Pinewood on the CR54.
Mike.

chrizzy100
18-11-2003, 23:52

Hi Sarah, have you checked out their web site ? it features the homes each day and todays was there BEFORE the program went out so that was a great preview.
http://meridiantv.com/iwantthathouse/
We have entered and so has our son-in-law.
Have you found the home on the net yet ?
Looks like the JESSUP model - there are some great photo's of it.
Take a look at
http://cumbrianlakes.com

Good Luck,
Lesley.[msnsmile2]

One of those houses looks a bit like mine...Orlando4 the first one...

chrizzy100
18-11-2003, 23:54
quote:Originally posted by Cowboy

The resale home on todays programme is owned by a family I know from Bicester(no, it's not Carla):D It is on Pinewood on the CR54.
Mike.

I think one of you lot should turn on your webcam so us poor people in the USA can watch.....[msncry]

Angua
18-11-2003, 23:59
But Chrizzy, you get the REAL thing soon!![msnsmile2]

I think I'll have to enter the competition a few more times if I going to keep up with Matt.

Kind regards
Sarah[msncool]

DISNEYDIVA
18-11-2003, 23:59
chrizzy100,
the front page of this website shows the villa to be won
http://www.travelcitydirect.com
ill take a look at orlando4
thanks Lesley.:D

chrizzy100
19-11-2003, 00:18

But Chrizzy, you get the REAL thing soon!![msnsmile2]

I think I'll have to enter the competition a few more times if I going to keep up with Matt.

Kind regards
Sarah[msncool]

I still love looking at houses.....I'm hoping there still be tons of show homes open......I'm a great carpet walker....... good luck.....[msnsmile2]

chrizzy100
19-11-2003, 00:19

chrizzy100,
the front page of this website shows the villa to be won
http://www.travelcitydirect.com
ill take a look at orlando4
thanks Lesley.:D

KBhomes give houses away for shows...they were doing that when we went down to Orlando...try them....

Angua
19-11-2003, 00:28
I too love wandering around Showhomes but have never done this in the US. That'll give me something to do while Hubbie is off playing Golf with his US Cohort.

Thanks to all for the Good Luck wishes. I've already seen a pair of Magpies today so I just need to go over to the neighbour's rabbit to rub it's foot and we're off!![msntongue]

Kind Regards
Sarah[8D]

DISNEYDIVA
19-11-2003, 00:38
Thanks chrizzy100, that will keep me busy tonight.:D
Lesley.

chrizzy100
19-11-2003, 01:43

I too love wandering around Showhomes but have never done this in the US. That'll give me something to do while Hubbie is off playing Golf with his US Cohort.

Thanks to all for the Good Luck wishes. I've already seen a pair of Magpies today so I just need to go over to the neighbour's rabbit to rub it's foot and we're off!![msntongue]

Kind Regards
Sarah[8D]

You have to go look at the show homes.....my husband hates it...but my mum does it as a hobby....we'll be in every show home in Orlando this Christmas......

timmy
19-11-2003, 02:20
Have just seen tonight's programme - the couple chose the Sequoia model on Calabay Parc. It looked wonderful - we must have good taste! Any views on this as a marketing opportunity. Would potential renters be interested to know that your property featured on ITV's I Want that House and was the one actually chosen?

chrisj
19-11-2003, 02:36
The other night, for what seems to be the first time ever, the chap showing a couple round
told them the average monthly running costs could be upto £500, now thats a first as they
normally seem to go on about how much money they could make

chrizzy100
19-11-2003, 07:26
quote:Originally posted by chrisj

The other night, for what seems to be the first time ever, the chap showing a couple round
told them the average monthly running costs could be upto £500, now thats a first as they
normally seem to go on about how much money they could make

It makes me think when I look at the prices...that I got a good deal paying ninety thousand pounds for my 4 beds/3 baths....the prices seems very high...even when you take into account the extras like a pool...

Kissyme
19-11-2003, 17:54
Good luck to all who have entered the comp me being one of many we watch the show and try to guess the location so far we have been wrong every time (this does`nt bode well the competition!!)

Angua
19-11-2003, 21:47
To all those who can't get ITV, tonight's episode comes from Sarasota, looking at properties at around £250k. Again, the houses are lovely but I could do without the Agent who thinks he's a member of the Tour Guide Militia[msnsmile2]! "Go Through...., Come Here......, Turn Around...., Look Up......" I'm sure he's a lovely chap but puuuurlease.[msnwink]

Kind regards
Sarah[msncool]
"....We're walking..... We're walking....... and we're stopping....." (in best Tour Guide stylie)

mm69340
19-11-2003, 22:07
quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100

quote:Originally posted by chrisj

It makes me think when I look at the prices...that I got a good deal paying ninety thousand pounds for my 4 beds/3 baths....the prices seems very high...even when you take into account the extras like a pool...

You've made my day too! I paid that for my 4 bed/3 bath with pool and furniture!! So, I did okay by the prices they are showing on the show I guess.

Beverley
19-11-2003, 23:04
I heard that the house to be won is at Cumbrian Lakes.

Yes i've entered too:D

DISNEYDIVA
20-11-2003, 00:55
Beverley, Thanks for that, i will go pick my plot now :D
I have to say, given what i have read on this forum the thought of winning a villa frightens me to death, the costs involved in just keeping it running without a mortgage could soon get you into difficulties without rental income.
Lesley.

chrizzy100
20-11-2003, 01:45

Beverley, Thanks for that, i will go pick my plot now :D
I have to say, given what i have read on this forum the thought of winning a villa frightens me to death, the costs involved in just keeping it running without a mortgage could soon get you into difficulties without rental income.
Lesley.

Do you have to pay USA gains Tax...?
At one time if you won a house in the USA...you end up paying so much tax on it you had to sell up anyway........I don't know if its still like that......or if you would have to pay tax on it if you live outside the USA.....

Matt
20-11-2003, 02:10
Chrizzy,

One would hope not. I think if they were giving you a house as a prize from a reputable TV Company, that all costs for ownership would be covered. However, it is a good point. Can you imagine......winning and then being asked for thousands of dollars:(:([V][V]

Matt

chrizzy100
20-11-2003, 02:32
quote:Originally posted by Matt

Chrizzy,

One would hope not. I think if they were giving you a house as a prize from a reputable TV Company, that all costs for ownership would be covered. However, it is a good point. Can you imagine......winning and then being asked for thousands of dollars:(:([V][V]

Matt

It should have that info in the rules....like we have here....I would think any taxes would be paid in England and not the USA ....

" Taxes.
Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded.Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS."

"Any prize you win and accept is taxable, whether it's from a TV game show, a lucky number drawing or a beauty contest. Even a Nobel Prize is taxable.
The taxable amount is equal to the amount of cash you win or the fair market value of the goods or services you receive. And here's the real tax trap: say you win a trip worth $5,000. You owe tax on $5,000, whether you take the trip or not.

To avoid the tax, you need to officially refuse the prize.

Uncle Sam also wants his cut of any money you win from the lottery, raffles, bingo and other forms of gambling.

You can't win if you don't play. But if you win, be prepared to pay."

I just looked at the rules...and it says any tax to be paid under US law will have to be paid by the winner.....:(

dave.parks
20-11-2003, 03:03
Hi every body
Ive enterd i want that house also saw the one showing calabay park.
House was stil being built when i saw it but nice to see it finish though
also one for lesely ive colect the tokons for the daily mail and the application forms are coming direct to my home so im the winner Ha Ha Ha But serisly good luck to you and who enters.

DISNEYDIVA
20-11-2003, 22:31
chrizzy100, how am i going to sound excited when they ring me now knowing i shall be in debt from the word go !!![msncry]

dave, i entered on line last week - i just hope i LIKE the model when i win it .[msneek]

Kissyme
20-11-2003, 23:23
Would the government expect the payment straight away or after a year I must say winning does`nt sound so great now as you would presumably have to start trying to rent it oput straight away to cover the cost of the tax bill [V][msnmad]

Matt
21-11-2003, 00:14
OK, here are the T&C's regarding the prize relating to 'subsequent' payments:

14. In order to claim the prize, the winner must enter into a binding contract with the property builder/developer or it’s subsidiaries or associated companies and execute all necessary property conveyancing documentation relating to the transfer of the legal ownership or title of the prize from the property builder/developer to the winner. Neither the Promoter, its subsidiaries or associated companies give any warranties as to the condition, state of repair, legal title or suitability to the winner of the property offered as the prize.

15. The winner is advised (a) that he or she must take legal advice prior to entering into the above-mentioned binding contracts or documentation, (b) that the winner may incur costs in ensuring the completion of transfer of the prize from the property builder/developer to the winner, (c) the Promoter will contribute up to £5,500 towards the winner’s administrative, legal, tax or other mandatory costs directly connected with the legal transfer to the winner of the prize, (d) due to the nature of the prize, the process of transfer of the ownership of the prize to the winner will take place on completion of the property, and (e) that there will be ongoing costs in the maintaining and running of the property awarded as the prize (including without limitation the payment of utilities and local taxes) all of which will be the responsibility of the winner from the date ownership, title or benefit in the property passes to the winner. Special tax rules may apply under US law in relation to the prize, which will be the sole responsibility of the winner.

Matt

mikewj
21-11-2003, 23:18
Ah well, we didn't win [msncry][msncry][msncry][msncry].

I wonder whether the winner knows about this site ?

chrizzy100
21-11-2003, 23:40
quote:Originally posted by Kissyme

Would the government expect the payment straight away or after a year I must say winning does`nt sound so great now as you would presumably have to start trying to rent it oput straight away to cover the cost of the tax bill [V][msnmad]

I looked at a few sites......and you get an IRS form to fill out when you get your prize.....anything over $600...even wins on bingo.....[msnmad]

keith_harrison
21-11-2003, 23:41
Hi

did you see it tonight

Great disappointment for all of us who entered, :(

did any one guess the right location?

Raise a glass to the winner and wish them best of luck! and happy times ahead :)

It had some good tips. Great viewing

Kind regards

The Harrison Family

chrisj
21-11-2003, 23:53
Well it wasnt me, but as you say, Good luck to them

DISNEYDIVA
21-11-2003, 23:55
I am having a drink on them right now and wish them all the luck - they sounded like a young family - you don't begrudge the children, how excited they will be. It sounds like the company will advise them well. What a great guy that realtor was. Looking forward to watching them next year when its completed.
Lesley [msnsad]

chrizzy100
22-11-2003, 00:58

I am having a drink on them right now and wish them all the luck - they sounded like a young family - you don't begrudge the children, how excited they will be. It sounds like the company will advise them well. What a great guy that realtor was. Looking forward to watching them next year when its completed.
Lesley [msnsad]

I wish I could of seen it......all we have is reruns of friends...[msncry]

Matt
25-11-2003, 22:28
I was just sooooo depressed when I didn't receive a call during the programme, and I was certain I was going to win[msncry][msncry]

Guess I'll just have to buy another one now!!!.......I wish[:p]

blott
25-11-2003, 22:45
Never mind... at least you get to escape another lot of property taxes, insurance, utility bills, etc, etc, etc! ;)

dave.parks
30-11-2003, 02:15
Hi everybody
Sad week it taken week to recover from the despointmentthat i didnt win shore it was on the cards But best of luck to the people who won it now im looking forward to the daily mail
[msnsmile2]

DISNEYDIVA
30-11-2003, 12:24
Hi Dave, have you found out where the Daily Mail villa is ?
It is said KB HOME give away villa's for promotions, their cheepest model is $126,990 (£74,779) which is close to the £70,000 given as cash prize option. Any further clues ? :)