PDA

View Full Version : Up in (SMOKE)

cannybiz
17-11-2003, 15:58
Hello everyone, another query to see if any one out there will know, what cigerette in Florida is similar to an english cigarette, I have been told that all cigarettes are american.
I can smoke all kinds of brands, so I am easily pleased, but curiosty killed the cat, would just like to know, If any one decides to anwser this query I would like to say thanks now, because I always have problems replying to all who take time out. Thanks Kathy

blott
17-11-2003, 16:50
One of the few brands that you can easily buy in Florida that are also available in the UK are Marlboro, so if you want to test drive some before you get to Florida!

All the other brands are definitely American and I can't think of any which are like UK cigarettes. Personally, I think they're ghastly!

steph_goodrum
17-11-2003, 17:09
I have to agree with Blott , I hate the things but if you want to stock up before you go don't forget you can get your duty free allowance when you fly or pre-order if you wish, I think you can do so through the BAA website but haven't got the address to hand.

Just think though how many extra dollars you could have to spend if you gave up and put the savings into your holiday fund, especially now that Florida has introduced laws to ban smoking in public places except in designated areas it would be a great incentive and we'll all support you online.:D:D

chrisj
17-11-2003, 18:53
You can get Bension and Hedges (their version) which are like superkings

DISNEYDIVA
17-11-2003, 23:52
Hi cannybiz, we generally stock up from the duty free, but i smoke more when excited so usually need to buy more overthere. I find American cigs stronger than English, but at least they are cheaper.
I will really struggle with the new laws banning smoking in public places, we got caught out last time in one of the parks (we thought the NO SMOKING sign was a designated smoking area) [:I]. However we did meet some really nice people from all over the world as we all huddled into the designated smoking areas, many of them had very colourful opinions on the topic.I swore after the last visit i would stop before i ever flew again, but then i get excited and have to have a cig.;)