PDA

View Full Version : Xmas dinner - please help

lyds872
24-08-2008, 03:55
Hi, i'm going to be in Orlando for Xmas and we want to eat out Xmas day. I'm going with my parents, brothers and boyfriend, the youngest being 17 so don't feel the need to eat with Mickey Mouse!!

We don't want to eat in the park as we want to chill out at the villa the rest of the day and the entry fee would be waste of money. We also don't want a buffet which many of the hotels seem to offer. We would like a traditional turkey dinner.

Could any one suggest a restaurant?

I have so far found the following restaurants mentioned, has any one been to these? Would any of these meet the criteria I have?
- Whispering Canyon
- Artiste Point
- Celebration Hotel
- Trails End
- Renaissance
(I need help choosing!!!)

florida4sun
24-08-2008, 12:42
Artiste Pointe is great place for Xmas day. The do a turkey dinner too. The hotel setting is wonderful at xmas. I was very disappointed with Celebration hotel (twice). Trails end and Whispering Canyon or more cafe style. Renaissance brunch is closed but would not choose for xmas dinner myself anyway.
Citricoes at Grand Floridian or my top choice would be Primo at the Grand Lakes.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lyds872
Hi, i'm going to be in Orlando for Xmas and we want to eat out Xmas day. I'm going with my parents, brothers and boyfriend, the youngest being 17 so don't feel the need to eat with Mickey Mouse!!

We don't want to eat in the park as we want to chill out at the villa the rest of the day and the entry fee would be waste of money. We also don't want a buffet which many of the hotels seem to offer. We would like a traditional turkey dinner.

Could any one suggest a restaurant?

I have so far found the following restaurants mentioned, has any one been to these? Would any of these meet the criteria I have?
- Whispering Canyon
- Artiste Point
- Celebration Hotel
- Trails End
- Renaissance
(I need help choosing!!!)
[/quote]

luckylady
24-08-2008, 13:40
Mine has to be be The Peabody Hotel on International Drive

Holiday Champagne Brunch at Capriccio Grill

To celebrate America’s traditional holidays throughout the year, an extraordinary, award-winning buffet of Peabody culinary delights is featured in the Champagne Brunch offered at Capriccio Grill for Easter, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas, from 11am – 4pm. There are fresh fruits and juices, salads, fresh veggies, pastas, fish, seafood and shellfish, smoked salmon, saddles of lamb, beef, ham and turkey with traditional sides, custom-prepared omelettes, and desserts galore. Reservations are required. For further information call 407-345-4570.

lyds872
24-08-2008, 20:18
What is Primo like?

I've also heard a lot about The Gaylord Palms Hotel. What are there Xmas lunches like? I've read about ICE at the resort and thought that would be nice to explore after dinner.

caroline
24-08-2008, 23:18
Primo is at the Marriott Grande Lakes - it is a fabulous restaurant at any time, everything is fresh and they have an organic garden where they grow their veggies and herbs, we went there last month and had one of the best meals we've ever had. I don't know what they do at Christmas as we've not visited at that time.

Ice is fabulous and well worth a visit, but the main restaurant there is Villa de Flora which is a buffet, very nice but not a patch on Primos.