PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Cove in December

Y
20-08-2008, 20:04
My 20 year old daughter is desperate to visit Discovery Cove and we have agreed to go there this year.
We are thinking of going New Year's Eve but I keep putting off booking as I am worried it will be too cold.[msnsad] Has anybody been this time of year?
Mind you as it is sopposed to be an early 21st Birthday treat and we definitely won't be back in Florida over the next year I think that we will have to book it and take a chance or she will never forgive me.

sundowner
20-08-2008, 20:16
We went in January a few years ago and the weather was ok.

They provide you with wetsuits, which would help keep out any cold, but I can honestly say that we did not feel cold at all.

Have a read of the reviews on the forum to pick up tips for the day out.

It is a day you will never forget and worth every penny in my opinion.

Y
20-08-2008, 20:35
Thanks Mary I've been reading various reviews,just wanted some reassurance that if there is a cold spell we wouldn't regret it.
Just need to book and pay for it now,

ShirleyD
22-08-2008, 18:34
We went just after Christmas a few years ago. Thankfully the weather had improved after 2 wet days, but we were fine. We choose, 3/4 length wet suits, which not only keep you warm, they help you to float. The lazy river was lovely and warm if you got a little cold after swimming in the lagoons and the restaurants all had patio heaters. I really suffer from the cold and it really wasn't a problem.

lamina
10-11-2008, 17:30
we did this in january 2007, the water the dolphins are in is cold..as SHIRLEYD says make sure you use ¾ wetsuits.

DCDixie
12-11-2008, 23:56
Yes, as was said earlier in the thread - Discovery Cove offers 3/4 wetsuits that should keep you warm.

As for the tempterature in the pools, they remain constant throughout the year. The fresh water Resort Pool and Tropical River are maintained between 86°F ±2 degrees (30°C ±1) and the salt water Dolphin Lagoons, Stingray Lagoon and Coral Reef are 77°F ±3 degrees (25°C ±1). So the water should be just as warm as it is in July!