PDA

View Full Version : Dollar Standard SUV

Paulo
12-08-2008, 19:55
Hi everyone, booked my cars through USCH.co.uk today and went for Full Size SUV with Dollar. Did the same last Nov and was expecting a Jeep but endede up with a Durango which was great.

Just hoping someone has come back recently and can share what vehicle they got. I've read through the car types on the site. Hoping for actual reports of what car you got?

GrahamC
12-08-2008, 21:02
Just got back, and had a Durango for three weeks, from Dollar, having ordered the full size SUV.

It was top of the range, with Sirius Radio, and even a reversing camera built into the back bumper so you could see what you were backing into.

Paulo
12-08-2008, 21:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by GrahamC
Just got back, and had a Durango for three weeks, from Dollar, having ordered the full size SUV.

It was top of the range, with Sirius Radio, and even a reversing camera built into the back bumper so you could see what you were backing into.
[/quote]

That sounds great Graham, that would suit me just fine! I'll cross my fingers.

I really enjoyed driving the Durango, lovely car.

ravtino
12-08-2008, 21:53
We are out here at the moment and have a Toyota 4 Runner.:D

Kazzie
12-08-2008, 23:54
Graham, I think you meant so you can reverse without backing into anything[msnwink]

It was top of the range, with Sirius Radio, and even a reversing camera built into the back bumper so you could see what you were backing into.[/quote]

GrahamC
13-08-2008, 00:28
I was thinking about parking spaces, but can see where you are coming from. It also had the sensors that beeped if you got to close to anything behind you.

Kazzie
13-08-2008, 01:16
I knew what you really meant Graham, lol, it was just how you worded it. My previous car here in the UK had these but I must admit it makes you drive lazily, you rely too much on them. I would really rather drive properly anyway and always had a fear that I would be let down by these little robots!

I was thinking about parking spaces, but can see where you are coming from. It also had the sensors that beeped if you got to close to anything behind you.
[/quote]

Paulo
13-08-2008, 02:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ravtino
We are out here at the moment and have a Toyota 4 Runner.:D
[/quote]

Now they assigned me to one of these originally and after seeing it in the lot, I decided I didnt like it.

I returned to the desk and asked for something else and got a Durango!

I wonder if its possible to request one with the GPS radio in?

How are you finding it?

ravtino
13-08-2008, 20:44
We are finding the 4 Runner OK lots of room for luggage and as we have been travelling this past 4 weeks it has been ideal, however there are only three of us, but the boot space would have held loads more:D