PDA

View Full Version : lobby tour

janny
15-11-2003, 18:55
http://www.marvelousadventures.com/Tours/XLobbyT.htm

I know this can be done all by yourself but it's christmas

tinkerbell
10-12-2003, 14:36
I'm planning on doing this for xmas day! We are going to use the Disney transportation just to take in the atmosphere of Disney, and not waste any park entry on the hustle and bustle going on inside the theme parks!

We are going to do a grand tour of the big resorts, ending up in AK Lodge for our PS at Boma's buffet at 8pm! I read that the savannah outside of AK Lodge is 24 hour. Does this mean we are still in with a chance of seeing something when it's dark?!

DISNEYDIVA
10-12-2003, 15:35
Janny & Tinkerbell, Lobby Tour - what a brilliant alternative for Xmas Day. Iv'e saved the link to the tour company incase we can get one Xmas. Some excelent trips on that site (for non-drivers). Tinkerbell please let us know how your day goes. :D

tinkerbell
10-12-2003, 16:24
Will do thank you! I'm really looking forward to it! We're going to stop off for coffee's and treats along the way to make sure we keep to the xmas tradition of being stuffed!!!

blott
10-12-2003, 17:03
quote:Does this mean we are still in with a chance of seeing something when it's dark?! Apparently the savannahs are lit by artificial 'moonlight' after dark so you might see some, particularly if they're noctural.

Have a great time!

esprit
10-12-2003, 19:34
$69 !!! Why didnt I think of it??? We have done this by ourselves though not on Xmas day when security may be stricter. Best route is to walk through the side entrance by the gates of MK and walk to the Polynesian, from there past the wedding chapel to the best of the lot. the Grand Floridian. Get the monorail from there to the Contemporary, then the boat to Wildernis Lodge. Never been questioned on any Disney transport or property. I am wondering if they have struck a deal with Disney otherwise you may just be better off doing this yourself on Xmas Day ( when the decoraions are just fantastic particularly in the Floridian) as I would imagine that a couple of people would be incognito compared to a whole party traipsing through.

tinkerbell
10-12-2003, 21:19
Oh good! I am pleased that we may still be in with a chance of seing some animals! I was disappointed when I booked that i thought we may miss out on the reason for going there!!!

DISNEYDIVA
10-12-2003, 21:21
esprit, we did similar one year, we had a couple of hours to spare after doing AK. Had to wait for hotel shuttle to pick us up at Transportation Center.
We walked on the beach to the wedding chapel and back to the Floridian, went inside into all the shops. Couldn't afford a meal but for me it was the highlight of that holiday. Way out of our league but hey its Disney i can dream. :D

MTP
11-12-2003, 04:10
Esprit,

Have to disagree about the Grand Floridian being the best of them all, but that is just a purely personal view, the WL is our fav. Couple of tips for WL:

They do a lovely version of a Pina Colada, with Chambord stirred in. I think it is called the something Rapids in the bar - if you like Pina Colada DEFINITELY have this.

As well as appreciating the lobby from the ground floor take the lift to both the second and top floors to appreciate it from different angles.

The geyser is great to watch.

No doubt everyone has got their favourites from their own favourite resorts, so those are some of ours.