PDA

View Full Version : One for Roger re budget

markm
05-08-2008, 17:56
Is ther any sign of Budget coming back to uscarhire. I ask this as I was going to rent a ford expedition and noticed them gone. I read somewhere you mentioning they have been removed for the time being, so is it adviced to book the seven seater or will Budget be let back ?

roger
05-08-2008, 18:07
We have not removed Budget completely, just the 8 seater SUV, but now have no plans to offer them again.

We heard from our Budget supplier last week that Budget are removing many 8 seaters from their fleet. They say they will honour existing bookings.

The worrying thing is many agents are still offing 8 seater SUVs with Budget and Budget are still accepting the orders, but then there is a massive risk to the customer on collection of the car that you will be given a smaller vehicle.

For those with an 8 seater SUV already booked with Budget, our supplier has assured us there is nothing to worry about.

ellie
05-08-2008, 18:11
That is a shame. Is there another vehicle of similar size (8 seater) offered by anyone else?

markm
05-08-2008, 18:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger
We have not removed Budget completely, just the 8 seater SUV, but now have no plans to offer them again.

We heard from our Budget supplier last week that Budget are removing many 8 seaters from their fleet. They say they will honour existing bookings.

The worrying thing is many agents are still offing 8 seater SUVs with Budget and Budget are still accepting the orders, but then there is a massive risk to the customer on collection of the car that you will be given a smaller vehicle.

For those with an 8 seater SUV already booked with Budget, our supplier has assured us there is nothing to worry about.
[/quote]

Thanks for that Roger. Looks like we will have to downsize ah well.

roger
05-08-2008, 18:26
The 8 seater that Alamo offer is a good alternative