PDA

View Full Version : Disney Halloween nights

piggo64
04-08-2008, 13:15
Hi ,can anyone tell me what the Halloween nights are like,i know that the characters are all in Halloween outfits ,but not sure what else goes on?Are they worth the money?Just booked a late deal,dont have much planned,done all the theme parks several times before, but never done this,i think my children would enjoy, they are ages, 12, 8 and 7,any info helpful.

Lynne S
04-08-2008, 14:24
We have been to the Christmas party nights at Magic Kingdom but have not had the pleasure of trying the Halloween nights yet.

I know that a few of our guests loved it. They all got dressed up, children and adults and said that most of the people in the park did too.

another must at Halloween is a trip to Celebration, all the lovely houses are dressed up.

[msnsmile2]

owen3
04-08-2008, 17:37
We went to the Mickeys not so scary halloween, kids loved it. Almost everybody was dressed up, would dress up ourselves next time.
Well worth the money.
Barbara

CERICROWLEY
04-08-2008, 18:54
We did the Disney Halloween about 3 years ago now, kids got dressed up, I did not want to dress up, though it would look stupid, so dyed my hair instead. Everyone and I mean everyone was dressed up adults and toddlers alike, it was great fun, and the kids get to go round the park collecting treats in their bags, we came home with nearly a suitcase full of candy. The next year we did the Horror Halloween, as our kids were a bit older then. 14 and 11 thought they would enjoy it, no, not really a bit too scary still for them, even now they are 16 and 13 they would like to go back to disney's halloween party.

reemur
04-08-2008, 21:48
did Halloween at Universal last year Grandsons 10 & 14
10yr old got frightened after going in the first house & refused to see any more The quyes were over an hour long I thought it was expensive

Margaret
04-08-2008, 22:44
We did Halloween at Universal in 2005, our(then) 17 year old and OH loved it, our (almost) 15 year old and myself were too scared after the first house!!![msnembarrased] It was very well done but I wouldn't do Universal again, don't know about Disney perhaps it's tamer?
Margaret

piggo64
05-08-2008, 12:26
Many thanks for your help,we,will have to re think,sounds good , but our middle child has an allergy to ques,i think you all know what thats like lol.

steph_goodrum
05-08-2008, 14:29
We did the Mickey one when our daughter was 16/17 and all had a great evening. Although we hadnt dressed up as so many people had we probably would next time. We actually went on 31sy Oct so there was a fantastic atmosphere nd the costumes got people chatting to each other who perhaps wouldnt have done and made it even better. We were still eating the candy at Christmas!

DisneyPrincess1986
05-08-2008, 15:44
the universal horror nights was brilliant - a real experience and well worth the money. you dont recognise the parks once they've done them all spooky!! not advisable for young chn though.

the disney halloween partys are also meant to be great, but moreso directed at children than adults

Solana
08-08-2008, 01:04
We did both on our last trip, the boys (Dad and 17yr old) went to Universal which was scary but they loved it - got kidnapped by one of the ghosts and put in a cage!!
Whole family did Mickey and all dressed up and everybody there was dressed up- many as pirates of the Caribbean- there were sweets galore at certain stops, the weather was lovely and cool and the queues fine, especially for the bigger rides as many of the kids were very little Would highly recommend it to the whole family [grouphug]

gpullan
08-08-2008, 01:17
Hi.

On the ''Not so scary halloween nights'', does the park close early so if you don't have a halloween party ticket you have to leave the park before it begins at 7pm??

ujpest doza
08-08-2008, 17:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by gpullan
Hi.

On the ''Not so scary halloween nights'', does the park close early so if you don't have a halloween party ticket you have to leave the park before it begins at 7pm??
[/quote]

We were in MK on a MNSSHP night and the park itself doesn't close at all, but after 7PM you can't get on any rides unless you have a wristband.

We'd park hopped from Epcot and got to MK mid afternoon and it was much quieter than usual, especially between about 4PM and 6PM, but then got really busy between 6 and 7 with guests all dressed up and wearing wristbands.

We left around 7pm as it was getting really busy and they were announcing the park closure to ordinary guests only.

Team Thomson
13-08-2008, 00:32
Mickeys not so scary Halloween is fantastic. Definately recommend.
We got our wee one dressed up but I was amazed at how many adults took part.
Felt a bit out of it, sitting behind an adult Snow White on the mono rail!!

deandog
09-09-2008, 19:44
Disney is great at halloween we always get dressed up. Our boys are a little young for universal, but we will be visiting when they get into the teens. Then there is always Busch. Already thinking about costumes for next year.

deandog
09-09-2008, 19:56
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/deandog/200897161227_family.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/deandog/20089716144_hallowen2007.jpg

Two of our pictures from 2007. Wish i could make it this year.[msncry]

abbeyvillas
09-09-2008, 20:04
We did the Universal Halloween horror night last year and had a good time but I would say make an effort and go dressed up and you will feel more a part of it. If anyone has an allergy to Q's though, they are massive so I would recommend if you can to pay the extra for the express pass.
Pam

Margaret
10-09-2008, 22:49
We got back on Sunday, we did the Disney not so scary night on our last night there (Fri 5th) We didn't dress up as it was a last minute change of plan but loads of people did and we weren't made to feel out of place. It was fantastic, especially the parade and the fireworks. There were 6 of us, the youngest being 17 and we all went trick or treating!! I think it was about $55 per person although it would have been cheaper if we had prebooked. In my opinion it was worth every penny. Back home now feeling depressed[msncry][msncry]
Margaret