PDA

View Full Version : Refill cups

sammibabe
03-08-2008, 01:39
When you buy the cups where you can get refills (cheap or free?)can you use the cup if you return to that park on a different day; or do they use different mugs for different days? Thanks

ellie
03-08-2008, 03:00
In the water parks the cups have a bar code which is scanned so you cannot use it on any other day. Not sure about the other parks, but expect it is the same.

rosie
03-08-2008, 03:42
If you take the mug with you on subsequent visits you can just purchase the refill barcode, which works out cheaper than another mug with a new barcode sticker [msnwink]

sammibabe
04-08-2008, 01:45
Thanks, can you get the mugs from any drinks place? Is it obvious what we're asking for? Any idea on the first cost and the susequent refills. Sorry if this is obvious; we have never used these mugs before but thought it would save lugging bottles of water around!

CERICROWLEY
04-08-2008, 03:32
The water parks sell them right at the entrance virtually, they were around $12 but they may have gone up a little, as the park tickets have just gone up.

you can buy one at blizzard beach and use it at Typhon Lagoon as well, the refill stickers are half the cost.

florida4sun
04-08-2008, 03:42
I have just come back back and found these a pain. I did not think the value was that great either. There is only so much liquid you can drink. Universal was around $9 for the cup and $178 to fill (plus tax). I am a big lad and can quite easily manage on two bottles of water at around 2.50 each in the parks. So you have to buy over 10 drinks to make the thing pay for itself.
We did buy a refillable cup but I just did not like carrying it around and ended up binning it. And we would have spent less buying separate drinks. There are filter water drinking fountains in each park which are free anyway. Water without doubt is the best thing to drink, soda will just make you want more liquid.
The all you can eat deals at Universal are good, there is nothing stopping you from buying as many meals as you like for around $20 -$25. You can only order 1 meal at a time but can go up as many times as you like. we managed 6 meals on one wrist band (drinks not included)....

sammibabe
04-08-2008, 21:42
Thanks for that Martin. I thought with 5 of us it would be a good plan but will have a think about it, although even if we all 2 drinks it's paid for. So we can do the same with Universal meal deal or do you have a large appetite?[msnwink]

florida4sun
04-08-2008, 21:52
Thats if you all share the same cup!
The meal deal deal is available to all, the servers don't really care as long as you rejoin the queue to make a fresh order. Although the queues can be long so you may waste time doing this with 5 of you.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sammibabe
Thanks for that Martin. I thought with 5 of us it would be a good plan but will have a think about it, although even if we all 2 drinks it's paid for. So we can do the same with Universal meal deal or do you have a large appetite?[msnwink]
[/quote]

des
05-08-2008, 01:25
When you buy the refil cups in the water parks they are great value. We buy one to share between us and keep refilling all day. The other advantage is that if you take the cup back with you on the same day purchased then you can have FREE refils again.