PDA

View Full Version : Little Help With Car Choice

MuDvAyNeX
01-08-2008, 23:28
Howdy, well i am going for 6 weeks as per other threads.

We were going to get a Convertable with Alamo, i notice it says we might get a Sebring or Similar... anyone know the type of cars they are stocking at the moment apart from a Sebring.

Also we were thinking, would it be better for a convertible or for a Intermediate/Full Size.

Like i said we are there for 6 weeks, there is only 2 people on the trip so the size of the convertible back seats are not much of an issue etc.

Anyone with any experience of having both types of cars erc ?

Sam.

MuDvAyNeX
09-08-2008, 02:41
Anyone ? Please.....

caroline
09-08-2008, 02:57
We've rented Sebring convertibles several times - great cars - not got a massive boot but plenty big enough for 2.
We've also had a full size and an intermediate but through Dollar - we had a Dodge charger for the full size, really enjoyed driving it and it has a massive boot - the intermediate we were given was a PT cruiser - gutless wonder with a smaller boot than the Sebring - we hated it.

Not sure what Alamo would give you for each category but someone else may be able to help.

ellie
09-08-2008, 03:24
If you click on car types you will find more information about what cars are available.

This is what it says on Convertibles

Convertible - UK Equivalent: Audi Convertible
Dollar / Thrifty: Chrysler Sebring / PT Cruiser / VW Beetle or similar
Alamo: Chrysler Sebring / PT Cruiser * / VW Beetle or Similar
Budget: Ford Mustang or similar
U-Save: Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible *

* Note: PT Cruiser luggage space = 1 medium case + 1 small case

I agree with Caroline, a Charger is a lovely vehicle. Very roomy and comfortable. We have never had a convertible, so cannot comment, but we have driven in a friend's PT Cruiser which we did not like much.

It really depends what you want. Take a look at www.uscarhire.co.uk as it will give you lots of information.

Happy hunting

MuDvAyNeX
09-08-2008, 04:17
Cheers for that, I have read the site fully about 100 times now lol.

Just wanting other peoples opinion on to get either a Convertible or a Intermediate :)

Cheers
Sam