PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Dinner

Dinky
31-07-2008, 16:10
Hi all,

Am on the verge of booking for xmas 2009 and wondered where people go to eat on xmas day. will have my young son so would like something fairly casual. As its a one off, dont mind something on the expensive side.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

CCollins
31-07-2008, 17:37
well, we wanted to book christmas dinner at the Renaissance but last year they were not taking bookings.

we booked Villa De Flora @ Gaylord Palms - Loads of people on here will recommend it - but my family did not enjoy it at all.

We went at 3.30 and it was way to busy and crowded for me.

This year we will be eating in the villa, which is what we have always done previosuly, and we much preferred it!

CERICROWLEY
31-07-2008, 19:36
There are many hotel buffet dinner open on christmas day for brunch/lunch but you will have to book early, around thanksgiving time, although Disney hotel you can book upto 180 days in advance.

luckylady
31-07-2008, 20:46
We have also dined at Renaissance and Villa De Flora at Gaylord Palms on Christmas Day Renaissance was our favourite until we dined at Peabody Hotel on International Drive Christmas Day 2006. We were in California on Christmas Day last year so missed out We will certainly be revisiting Peabody again this year. The Christmas Day Brunch was fantastic,dining hours from 11am to 4pm you will need to book early to secure a reservation. Although I don't think you can make a reservation for Christmas Day until after Thanksgiving,not 100% certain if this is correct.

Dinky
01-08-2008, 02:02
Thanks everyone. Will look into those a bit nearer the time[msnsmile2]

canarypam
01-08-2008, 11:35
We have eaten at Villa De Flora on Christmas Day and have to say we didn't really enjoy it much - all too rushed and crowded. Last year we ate at Celebration Hotel that was lovely! We will be booking there again this year.