PDA

View Full Version : FAO Roger - 8 Seater SUV

orlandochris
31-07-2008, 11:54
Roger, I read in the other thread that Budget said they had ironed out all the problems - is this option going to be available again any time soon?

roger
02-08-2008, 18:44
We heard yesterday that Budget are reducing the 8 seater fleet, although will be honouring all 8 seater SUVs booked already. On that basis it is now almost certain we will not offer these again. Budget do say they will keep some of them in their fleet for agent bookings but I know on collection of the car it is possible customers will be allocated smaller alternatives.

The sad thing is that Budget are still accepting bookings for this vehicle, and some other agents are still offering them. That will probably mean a lot of unhappy customers.

We would recommend you go for an 8 seater with Dollar, Alamo or Thrifty, or if you can manage with a smaller SUV then a 7 seater SUV with on of these suppliers.

orlandochris
02-08-2008, 19:45
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]
We would recommend you go for an 8 seater with Dollar, Alamo or Thrifty, or if you can manage with a smaller SUV then a 7 seater SUV with on of these suppliers.
[/quote]

Thrifty was our second option so we'll go with them.

Thanks Roger[msnsmile]

gpullan
03-08-2008, 02:39
(but I know on collection of the car it is possible customers will be allocated smaller alternatives)

Roger,

With reference to your statement above, does this mean we may be offered a smaller alternative to the luxury 8 seater SUV we have booked?? I only ask as we will need the expedition size for the 8 of us travelling plus luggage/pushchairs.

Thanks
Garry

hazelk
03-08-2008, 03:11
Please can anyone help me, we are heading to Orlando next May and had hope to book one of the 8 seater SUV's that have been withdrawn. As it looks like they will not be an option again can anyone confirm if the 7 seater mini van has 7 adult seats. Who is the best for this option and what can we expect to get.

roger
03-08-2008, 03:24
This certainly shouldn't happen and Budget have promised us that all existing 8 seater orders will be honoured.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by gpullan
(but I know on collection of the car it is possible customers will be allocated smaller alternatives)

Roger,

With reference to your statement above, does this mean we may be offered a smaller alternative to the luxury 8 seater SUV we have booked?? I only ask as we will need the expedition size for the 8 of us travelling plus luggage/pushchairs.

Thanks
Garry
[/quote]

hazelk
03-08-2008, 03:35
Roger

Sorry I have misled you, we have not yet booked but had hoped to book this option, as it is now not going to be available what are we best to book. We are a party of six adults although we are planning to book two vehicles a compact and a mini van to take the six of us when necessary, what would you recommend for our needs.

roger
03-08-2008, 03:57
I'd suggested a 7 seater SUV or Minivan, as these are always nice and comfortable. The 8 seater Minivan with Alamo is also a good choice.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by hazelk
Roger

Sorry I have misled you, we have not yet booked but had hoped to book this option, as it is now not going to be available what are we best to book. We are a party of six adults although we are planning to book two vehicles a compact and a mini van to take the six of us when necessary, what would you recommend for our needs.
[/quote]

hazelk
03-08-2008, 22:06
Thank you Roger, we will have a discussion and decide which cars we want and get them booked soon.

Thanks again.
:)