PDA

View Full Version : gulf coast trip

deborah blair
31-07-2008, 02:02
Hi we are staying in Orlando in August and want to spend a day or 2 somewhere along the gulf coast can anyone tell me how long it takes to get there is it do able in a day or is it better to stay over night and can anyone recommend reasonable accomodation dont want to pay too much as already paid for accomodation in Kissimee thanks for any advice

becbecs
31-07-2008, 12:53
Dependant on which part of the Gulf Coast you want to visit, I would say that Clearwater is probably just over 1 Hour away. Sarasota is around 3 hours away. You will need to stay a couple of nights as a day trip to the Gulf probably isn't enough. We stayed a week at Longboat Key Sarasota and it was shear paradise. Hope to go back soon.

sundowner
31-07-2008, 14:44
It is lovely on the Gulf coast and well worth a couple of day to visit and relax. I would suggest that you try to avoid the weekends if possible as it gets pretty busy with locals visiting the beach too.

We stayed in the Hilton at Clearwater and had not realised that visitors could pay for the weekend to use the fascilities. So, as well as everyone from the hotel itself there were visitors coming for the beach, pool and live entertainment etc. It did not spoil our weekend as such but it would have been much less crowded during the week.

Having said that, they did have great live entertainment on by the pier too and on the whole we had a great time.