PDA

View Full Version : best car type and hire type

ukman
30-07-2008, 14:44
My family and I are travelling to florida on the 23/12/08 for two weeks, our group consist of 2 adults, 2 teens, and 2 infants. Can anyone give me advice as what would be the best car type, considering we would need car seats for the infant and what would be the best hire type, ie gold or silver being that I've read about how the companies charge for petrol.

Thank you for reading and advice in advance.

Carla
30-07-2008, 14:51
Definitely the gold option and I would probably rent an 8 seater van, since 2 car seats will take up a little more room than 2 actual car seats.

We've rented an 8 seater before and found that it was actually ideal for 6 adults. Plenty of room for the occupants, although not a huge amount of luggage space. Travel fairly light outbound, especially when staying in a villa (you can quickly wash and dry clothes every day at no extra cost) and then the only time that you will possibly be cramped with luggage, is on the way back to the airport (if you buy lots in Florida!)[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

ellie
30-07-2008, 17:06
If you are looking for car hire you won't do better than to use www.uscarhire.co.uk. You can click on the link at the right hand side of this page.

I would definitely suggest going for the Gold package as this includes absolutely every possible insurance you could need, and there are no extra charges when you arrive. With Dollar you are allowed unlimited drivers, and you also get a free tank of gas - and with fuel at $4 a gallon that can add up to a huge benefit. You only pay £25 deposit and that secures the price - and we find they are unbeatable on price and absolutely brilliant on service.

As Carla says, an 8 seater will give you plenty of room and comfort. Hope you have a great holiday.
[msncool]