PDA

View Full Version : First Timer

Russ
27-07-2008, 23:05
Well this year saw my 25th birthday meaning that I can drive and wont have to pay a supplement. I'm really excited and can't wait to get my wheels. I'm only going for the Economy 2/4 door as I don't know how often I'll use it but I'm so excited about it.

In all the times I've been to America I've wanted to drive and this time it's actually going to happen. Sure I could have before but it meant paying a supplement and I wasn't that desperate.

Anyway, I hope to go for random drives if I get bored and feel the need. Anyone else new to driving in America?

Roll on 28th August I say! (thats when I go ;))

CERICROWLEY
27-07-2008, 23:34
Have a great time Russ, just remember when you get back to the UK what side of the road you drive on, thats what I fid most difficult the first time back in the UK, getting to the US and driving is fine though

Fourdents
28-07-2008, 00:36
RUSS - Does your Mother know ????????? :D:D:D

Remember to KEEP to the SPEED LIMIT and watch out for those RED traffic lights

Have a great time Russ [msnsmile2]

sammibabe
28-07-2008, 01:16
When we first get in the car over there we are both in the front saying 'drive on the right, drive on the right'. It's not too bad. Get back here 'drive on the left, drive on the left' but it seems to take longer to get 'used' to it. Maybe our driving heads are telling us we should be living/driving in Florida! If only

Russ
28-07-2008, 01:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Fourdents
RUSS - Does your Mother know ????????? :D:D:D

Remember to KEEP to the SPEED LIMIT and watch out for those RED traffic lights

Have a great time Russ [msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Yeah, she thinks I'm daft seeing as they have a minivan but she knows its something I want to do so is keen for me to go for it...plus I think I'm old enough to just do it anyway ;)

LiesaAnna
28-07-2008, 14:06
yes mum does know!!! he waits till we hire a 7 seater mini van for 5 of us........
but hes sooooooooooooooo happy always wanting to drive whilst in florida and never doing so...... this holiday is gonna be so cool...... Russ can take the girls out and Steve and i can chill by the pool...... drinks in hand...... [party2][party1][party2][party1]and Steve can have a drink in the evening and Russ can drive!![high5]bonus!!![high5]

Fourdents
28-07-2008, 14:31
Liesa

That is the PLUS side of having a 25 year old son :D:D:D

Can't you change the type of vehicle ?

Russ
28-07-2008, 23:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
yes mum does know!!! he waits till we hire a 7 seater mini van for 5 of us........
but hes sooooooooooooooo happy always wanting to drive whilst in florida and never doing so...... this holiday is gonna be so cool...... Russ can take the girls out and Steve and i can chill by the pool...... drinks in hand...... [party2][party1][party2][party1]and Steve can have a drink in the evening and Russ can drive!![high5]bonus!!![high5][/quote]Hold on a minute...I'm on holiday too! I'm not your personal taxi service! [msntongue]

Just kidding [msnwink]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Fourdents
Liesa

That is the PLUS side of having a 25 year old son :D:D:D

Can't you change the type of vehicle ?[/quote]I'm regretting not getting a convertible [msnwink][msntongue]

Albert the Frog
29-07-2008, 01:17
Be excited-I love driving in the States.
One word though and try and put this in your head-it won't be when you first arrive that you forget to drive on the right it will be after that lovely meal when you're all relaxed and nobody is paying any attention-concentrate!!

LiesaAnna
29-07-2008, 12:03
nice one ATF, its gonna be hard for mum to watch her boy drive off in florida, never having driven in a foreign country at all!! its gonna be scarey.......
Linda we like the bigger car, helps with the luggage, not that there will be to much to bring home this time.... monarch flirghts bit stingy with baggage allowances.... will add pics as and when!!

Fourdents
29-07-2008, 14:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna

Linda we like the bigger car, helps with the luggage, not that there will be to much to bring home this time.... monarch flirghts bit stingy with baggage allowances.... will add pics as and when!!
[/quote]

Liesa - Russ can have [u]ALL</u> the luggage in his car :D:D

Another PLUS in having a 25 year old son [laugh][laugh]