PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Cove photos

NannyBrook
27-07-2008, 14:40
Hi, I have booked for our 4 grandchildren (plus 2 adults) to 'swim with the dolphins'at Discovery Cove. Some people suggest I should get the DVD or CD package at the end of the day but I am not sure what is the content of these discs. What is the proceedure for photos throughout the day please?. Are there official photographers taking pictures for the DVD/CD and are they at various places?.
Thanks for your help.
NannyBrook

ALR
27-07-2008, 14:43
The package is quite expensive but they have the opportunity to get better photo's/video than you could get yourself. You can't possibly buy every photo they take - unless you're a millionaire - but I'd be prepared to buy some. They get the photo's of the kids swimming with the dolphins from the deep water end.

LiesaAnna
27-07-2008, 14:45
i think i have read that they have photographers all over and you can buy pics/cd's from them..... we're doing this but our boy doesnt want to go in the water so he will take pics and film us to..... buying them i think is still special so have a good time!! am sure we will...... we're doing it as a surprise 13th birthday package for our daughter..... hopefully shes gonna love it!! hope to post pics on here!![msncool]:D (she thinks shes got the choice of a park)

Pluto
27-07-2008, 16:07
The DC photographers do take loads of photographs whilst you are in the water, you view them on a computer at the end of your swim and order the ones you want, or you can have them on CD/DVD. They do come at a price though - so don't get carried away when ordering !!

Leisa - we had non-swimmers in our party who were trying to photo/video us in the water. Unfortunately the DC Photographers are very good at placing themselves in order to block the view, so we didn't manage to get many good shots ourselves.

It's a fantastic day out though so hope your daughter enjoys her surprise[msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
27-07-2008, 17:49
thanks Karen xx we was hoping our boy would come in with us but he offered to do pics instead.... would love it if he changed his mind but was planning on buying their stuff anyway as its a fab memory!!

msmiff
27-07-2008, 19:13
When you first enter the park, they will take a 'complimentary' 'photo of your group. That one's free.
We chose the DVD option as it's fairly easy to cut images from that into any 'photo editing software & print whatever you want.
D.C. photographers are very skilled & have the distinct advantage of being able to film 'water side' during the dolphin interaction experience. You at that time are looking out into the lagoon from any land-side perspective.

sammibabe
28-07-2008, 01:10
We're going on 3rd Sept for my 40th so my mum and dad are giving me the money for the DVD package. Even if we go again (which may or may not happen) the children would be older, it wouldn't be the first time etc so we decided to just go for it. A friend did tell me that if you get the most expnsive package all the photos taken during the day were on the DVD. Can anybody confirm this? Does anyone know the price?

sundowner
28-07-2008, 01:33
We had the dvd with all the photos on it. I had taken lots of photos from the beach of the dolphins playing during their 'break' but you cannot get photos in the water unless it is from their photographers.

I think the dvd and photos cost us in the region of £100 (a few years ago) but it is worth paying for the dvd in my opinion as it is a day you will never forget.

We were a group of 5 but they put us with a young couple that were on their honeymoon so our dvd has a lot of shots with this couple in. I am sure their dvd would have a lot of shots with the 5 of us in too, but somehow DC seemed to make most of them just the 5 of us.

You are certainly in for a treat. Not just the swim with the dolphins but the whole day is very special.