PDA

View Full Version : New member from Bridgewater Crossing

SteveandJan
13-11-2003, 23:37
Just joined this site and recently became the owner of a villa on bridgewater crossing. Wanted to say hello to other owners and any help with finding a good management company. we currently have one which we took over from the previous owner but all they are interested in is providing an unsatisfactory service and taking most of the rental income and only passing onto us very low rentals. we don't expect something for nothing but don't suffer fools gladly any more. We live in the UK. Hello to you all.

huckleberry house
14-11-2003, 00:37
Hi Steve and Jan,welcome to the forums,you will find lots of good advice on here.
Finding the right MC is crucial to your success so you are right to make a change if you are not happy.Are you looking for an MC who will do bookings and pay bills for you or do you prefer to do those things yourself and just need a caretaker manager as such.

Lesley

MTP
14-11-2003, 00:45
Hi SteveandJan,

Great location, we regularly rent from friends that have a house on Bridgewater Crossing and love it;s location and atmosphere. Hope you get your MC sorted out.

Cowboy
14-11-2003, 01:04
Hi Steve and Jan,
Welcome aboard and I am sure that you will really enjoy the forum. You will find a minefield of information on this sight and there are several knowledgeable people on it, so ask away if you would like to know anything specific.
A definite "must have" is a good MC. Someone who will look after your home is essential. There is a good "honest one" on the forum. I think that you will find that the majority of members on the forum prefer to get their own bookings but be prepared for a good deal of hard work. Many MC's promise you the earth regarding bookings.

Tracy
14-11-2003, 01:19
Hi Steve & Jan

Welcome to a great site, full for useful information. We are also new to home ownership, we complete all being well next month on a home on Tuscan Ridge. It has to be said we have found so much info from this site including our MC to be .....

You can ask people to PM you with recommendations and also those to avoid if necessary. Also the search facility is very useful.

Good Luck with your home

huckleberry house
14-11-2003, 01:51
Steve and Jan
Another word of advice,dont press back on your browser after making a post or it will repeat the post and duplicate it.Hey Mike:D:D

Lesley

MTP
14-11-2003, 02:57
quote:You will find a minefield of information on this sight and there are several knowledgeable people on it,

Yes, but what about the rest of us!!![msntongue]

sunshine state
14-11-2003, 04:00
Welcome to the boards,you will find lots of useful information here and everyone is very helpful.

Cowboy
14-11-2003, 20:58
Wasn't me, Lesley. I turned round to answer the phone and didn't know my 18 month old grandson was in the office and you can guess what happened!!
I didn,t even finish the post. I was intending to tell Steve and Jan. that we were at the next community at Ashley Manor.
Mike.

blott
14-11-2003, 22:14
It's OK, I tidied you up Mike! :D

caroline
15-11-2003, 21:06
Hi Steve and Jan

Welcome to OV and Bridgewater Crossing, it's a lovely community I'm sure you'll be pleased with your purchase.
We also own on Bridgewater, so if there's anything you'd like to ask I'll do my best to help.
:)

Cowboy
16-11-2003, 18:12
Thanks a lot, Blott. Don't what we would do without you. Hope you are keeping well.
Mike

SteveandJan
17-11-2003, 23:46
Can anyone recommend some good management companies or general caretakers and those to avoid. thanks. steveandjan[:X]