PDA

View Full Version : Visiting the Theme parks with baby

Oscar1
13-11-2003, 23:07
I have less than a week left until we go to Florida.
We have been to Florida several times but this will be the first time we are going with our baby. She is only 7 mths. Totally diffrent ball game. All the rules have changed now.
What is the system in the theme parks about going on the rides. I know we cant take the baby on the ride with us but, if I want to go on a ride and my wife stays with the baby. Do we have to queue for the ride again so my wife can have her turn?
Thanks
Oscar[msnsmile]

Ruth
13-11-2003, 23:34
Hi Oscar,
At the entrance to the ride you ask the Disney cast member for a baby switch. Then one of you queues (or even better gets a fast pass), the other waits with the baby. Then when the ride is finished the other half uses the baby switch pass to jump the queue. Works a real treat. If you have others with you up to 3 of them can ride twice this way.

Oscar1
13-11-2003, 23:48
Ohhh thats intresting, so just before we go in we tell the cast member we want a baby swap and one of us goes in and then after the ride we swap and jump the queue.[msnsmile2]
Is this the same in Universal?

Thanks for that

Oscar

Tracy
14-11-2003, 01:40
Hi Oscar

My eldest first flew to Florida at 11 months, the middle one at 9 months and the youngest at 6 weeks.

You will find they all offer baby swap facilities, we both queued together, then one of us + baby was shown where the waiting room was.

Works very well and as already mentioned our older children have recently ridden twice, once with mother and once with father thanks to the baby swap !

Highly Recommend, and we can all enjoy the parks and rides

MTP
14-11-2003, 01:57
I am sure that Universal also offer this as we used the baby swap room for The Cat in the Hat ride while our eldest was enjoying the ride with each parent the other could look after youngest. I am sure that if they offer it on The Cat in the Hat, it must be on other rides as well.

Oscar1
14-11-2003, 20:19
Thats great that as both me and the wife want to go on the Spiderman ride, so we were wondering if we had to queue twice wich would have been like 1/2 a day of queueing.
I hope they do at Universal.
Which rides can we go on with mini-me (the baby). As mentioned she is 7 mths?

Thanks
Oscar

MTP
14-11-2003, 21:46
Do Seussville and the Barney show is great. The rides that you can take sprog on are pretty tame, although some are surprising. Off the top of my head in MK you could do Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Buzz Lightyear Spaceranger Spin, Jungle Cruise. In AK you can do the Killimanjaro Safari. Obviously there are all the carousels and Flying Dumbo type rides.

kathrynanncooper
14-11-2003, 22:11
Hi Oscar,

Yes they do a baby swop at Universal. I can remember using it on the Back to the Future Ride and Earthquake and the older kids got to go on twice - once with each of us.

Oscar1
15-11-2003, 22:18
Thats great. Cant wait only 9 days left now. Thanks again.
Oscar

Tracy
16-11-2003, 00:25
Hi Oscar
We did child swap on Spiderman, so the older children were able to go on twice - it was great, definitley not to be missed.

The Seuss Landing area is really lovely for young children, very brightly coloured, although unsure about rides for a 7 month old. The cat in the hat is very good but you do spin around a little and one fish two fish is good, but you may get splashed, well you do if you aren't very co-ordinated like me !!

You will find much more in MK, - Winnie the Pooh, Small World and many more for you all to enjoy !

ujpest doza
24-03-2004, 20:51
We did the baby swap thing at Disneyland Paris.

The parent with the child went in via the exit and the parent without waited in line.
When the person who had waited in line got off the person with the child got on.

Does it work in the same way in Florida?

24-03-2004, 22:21
In all the years I have been going to Florida I did not know this existed!

See you learn something new on here every day!

JulieR