PDA

View Full Version : Sedative for Children!!

markemma
16-03-2002, 19:58
I know this sounds terrible but we would like to know if there is anything apart from phenegan (cant spell it) that we can give to our 20 month old daughter who is a nightmare and will not sit down for 5 mins. We need to knock her out for a while to help pass the time on the long and dreaded flight!!!!

carole7007
16-03-2002, 20:53
If you really want to give her something, ask your GP. He is the best person to ask, he knows her medical history.

A friend of ours has a handicapped little girl, who gets very distressed on long flights, her GP prescribed something, I do know the name but I think any advice should come from your GP.

It did not knock her out just relaxed her, that may do the trick for you.

Carole & Keith

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
16-03-2002, 22:11
Hi Emma & Mark

I swear by cranial osteopathy - our little boy has had periods of sleeplessness and in my opinion it works. Totally non-invasive he finds it relaxing and he gets to go up and down on the "funny" bed. Osteopathy for children seems to work for a whole host of problems. You may need to book in for a session asap as your daughter may need a few treatments, they are usually weekly to start and then monthly or whenever necessary. Has to be worth a go!

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas

imported_n/a
16-03-2002, 23:50
What a great idea - I used to have cranial osteopathy for my menieres and it sent me to sleep everytime!! Only joking. My mom also has it for her back, I think as you say it can be pretty much used for anything when the person performing it knows exactly which "spot" to hit. It has to be worth a try.

I only went to Majorca when my daughter was 20months old - cowardly I know - but she screamed for the whole two hour flight each time - so you have my deepest sympathy.

I agree though, speak to your GP but I know mine would tell me that they wouldn't recommend anything.