PDA

View Full Version : Naples in July

Tone Arranger
18-07-2008, 20:28
Just come back from Florida, having had a family holiday in Orlando followed by a few days, just the two of us, in Naples.
Naples and Marco Island were enjoyable but VERY quiet. I guess their season is Christmas to March when the americans fly south for winter - hence a bit odd in July, but no problem getting into restaurants etc.

We did the Naples trolley tour - interesting in terms of getting to know the layout, but it appeared more like a race round town in an old coach, stopping off at various hotesl along the way. Interesting, useful, unusual !

Tony

Clare R
19-07-2008, 01:25
You are correct, season is November to end of March (or Easter). Naples would be very quiet in the summer time but it is a very enjoyable city. Did you go and look at some of the somewhat over the top houses, believe the road is called McGregor Drive. Don't think the neighbours talk to each other!

ShirleyD
19-07-2008, 01:28
I am going to Naples in August, does this mean I should be able to park easily :D

Clare R
19-07-2008, 10:49
It won't be a problem I can assure you

Tone Arranger
20-07-2008, 11:12
Parking was no problem for us.
Curiously there wwere no taxis anywhere during the day, so we were a bit concerned about getting a taxi for dinner in the evening, but in the evening suddenly loads of taxis appeared so no problem there either.
We did have a walk along the road close to Naples Beach Hotel, there were afew classy houses there for sure.
Tony